This person originates a high volume of installment and commercial loans (in accordance with 1st Bank goals) and manages the entire loan origination process. Identifies opportunities and works to develop relationships with target customers in order to create additional new business.
• Obtain loan applications, properly counsel applicants, analyze financial and related data, determine appropriate pricing and loan structure and make appropriate loan decisions according to bank policies. Commercial, Installment and Real Estate.
• Review all credit reports, financial statements, tax returns, title insurance commitments and appraisals. Ensure all documentation is complete and correct.
• Monitor and appropriately act on past due loans to ensure compliance with bank’s policies and practices.
• Actively call on prospective and current customers to discuss bank services.
• Actively participate in various community service organizations.
• Perform various other tasks, duties, and responsibilities as assigned, including cross selling deposit accounts and other bank products
• Participate in Bank-sponsored activities that serve and support the mission and values of 1st Bank.
• Provide superior service quality to internal and external customers.
• Complete required BVS training courses.
• Strives to understand and comply with all banking regulations, Bank policies and procedures which pertain to the Loan Officer position, and assist the Branch and Bank in examinations, audits, reviews and follow-up to the same as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field with five to seven years successful lending experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Reasonable commercial lending knowledge and experience.
• Reasonable installment lending knowledge and experience.
• Reasonable real estate lending knowledge and experience.
• Ability and willingness to represent the bank in a positive manner at all times.
• Basic understanding of all bank functions and operations.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to conduct positive networking activities outside the bank.
• Ability to effectively handle a high volume workload while maintaining positive interpersonal relationships with other employees, potential and current customers, and other community members.
• Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel; keyboarding skills.