Western & Southern Financial Group has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Internal Auditor.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs and supervises risk-based internal audit activities for the Company and its subsidiaries. Performs risk-based integrated reviews of financial, operational, systems and management controls of the Company. Provides assistance to the external auditors and regulatory auditors while maintaining effective working relationships with business unit management. Provides consulting services to management. Serves as in-charge auditor on various audit projects. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make and established range of decisions, escalates to manager when necessary and updates manager on a regular basis.
- Performs and supervises risk-based integrated audit procedures on scheduled audit projects in accordance with approved risk-based integrated audit programs and in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of internal control concepts for each audit project and provides timely information to the Director, Internal Audit during the audit project regarding weaknesses noted and recommendations for corrective action.
- For assigned audit projects, demonstrates the ability to clearly document and evaluate the internal controls present in the manual and automated systems being reviewed, identifying internal control strengths and weaknesses.
- Prepares and reviews audit work papers that accurately and sufficiently document audit tests performed, in accordance with departmental guidelines (i.e., Audit Procedures Manual (APM)).
- Drafts and reviews written audit reports which accurately describe results of tests performed, the nature of control weaknesses and exposures, expresses an opinion on the adequacy of internal controls and overall procedures and identifies practical recommendations for improvements.
- Completes the Internal Audit self-study program in order to gain advanced knowledge of internal control concepts, audit testing techniques, data processing knowledge, financial, systems and operational audit knowledge and human relations skills.
- Assists external auditors and regulatory auditors in the performance of scheduled audit activities.
- Assists in the performance of a periodic risk assessment of all Company functions in order to recommend appropriate audit projects as part of the audit planning process.
- Develops specifications for automated audit software working closely with Information Systems personnel to satisfy audit software needs.
- Provides internal controls consulting on significant Company initiatives to our customers as requested.
- Performs special reviews/projects as requested.
- Implements computer-assisted audit techniques and practices auditing by exception techniques to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency.
- Supervises work product of one or more internal auditors and one college intern on audit assignments.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Proven experience as an Auditor in a “Big Four” accounting firm or Fortune 500-type company with demonstrated knowledge of internal control concepts and risk-based integrated audit techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and risk-based integrated auditing.
- Proven ability to develop or adapt risk-based audit programs/procedures on an as-needed basis.
- Proven experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments (3 to 4) simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Possesses a strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills. Solid project management with proven experience successfully planning, executing and maintaining a project from start to finish.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success interpreting and communicating business needs between internal groups and external vendors in a clear, focused and concise manner. Will be expected to provide examples of written audit reports.
- Proven work experience directing others to initiate a recommended course of action to solve a problem or increase efficiency.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, information systems, computer science or related field of study.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Visio).
- Significant experience auditing automated systems, including mainframes and LAN- and WAN-based applications.
- Significant experience with utilizing automated audit tools, including ACL, Easytrieve Plus, etc.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- 10 to 15% travel required annually.
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Financial - 2 years ago