US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a IS Admin Generalist Level 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the Chester, VA. Candidate may start on the 1st shift and move to the 2nd or 3rd shift. Transforming the future of technology, Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Server Services UNIX Linux System Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA) Program, which is a 10 year, $2B program, responsible for providing end-to-end IT Infrastructure to the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify problematic servers and develop a plan to fix or replace
- Work with project management to execute new server implementation projects
- Ensure all servers meet NG/VITA standards
- Resolve server incident tickets within predefined SLAs
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Direct experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Direct experience with Red Hat Satellite Server
- Understanding of IT service delivery
- Proven customer services in a complex environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Must be a team player, proactive, and possess excellent problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills
- Must participate in on-call duty rotation that requires evening and weekend work
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent relevant experience) and 3 Years with Bachelors (1 Year with Masters)
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- If applicable, must be able to pass fingerprint background check, and obtain and maintain security accesses for state agencies being supported.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Knowledge of other versions of Linux
- Knowledge of other UNIX Operating Systems
- Backup and storage technologies, i.e., Avamar, Symantec NetBackup
- Basic understanding of database and application functions
- Basic understanding of network technologies, i.e., Switch, Firewall, Router
- HP ServiceCenter, SharePoint, Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010
- Experience using VPN/RDP/SSH to navigate a multi-tiered network environment
- Strong troubleshooting methodology with ability for creative problem-solving
- One or more industry recognized IT certifications
- Understanding of the ITIL Framework
- Experience with IT infrastructure integration/consolidation projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 22 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...