Bemis Company is a major supplier of flexible packaging and pressure sensitive materials used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, the Company is included in the S&P 500 index of stocks and reported pro forma 2009 net sales, giving effect to the Food Americas acquisition, of $4.8 billion. The Company's flexible packaging business has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs over 20,000 individuals worldwide. More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com .
We currently have an opening for a Shift Supervisor position at our Curwood division in Menasha, WI.
The purpose of this position is to work with management on motivating employees and providing a safe, efficient, organized and productive environment. This includes ensuring the fair and equal treatment of all employees, enforcing company policy, procedures and directives.
1. Establish and monitor safe work practices.
2. Order supplies and raw materials for machines on a daily basis.
3. Coach employees, enforce discipline, make work assignments, work on continuous improvement, enforce safety procedures and oversee or conduct employee training.
4. Communicate effectively with all personnel on the shift. Including communication with the maintenance department, scheduling, process engineering and management.
5. Assist machine operators with quality issues by either troubleshooting or obtaining different tools.
6. Develop weekly work schedule based on production needs and current staffing.
7. Maintain Kronos system.
8. Monitor department inventory.
9. Supervise 60-80 hourly workforce.
Education & Experience Required
Effective inter-personal communication and team skills.
Must have good decision making and leadership skills.
Possesses a high degree of safety awareness.
Understand production process, machine capabilities, and department guidelines.
Computer literate in Windows environment. Also capable of using Word, Excel and e-mail functions.
Willingness to work with Production personnel to set work priorities and determine proper course of action relative to production equipment schedules.
Must be willing to work a 12 hour rotating schedule.
May be required to take additional training as requested by management from internal or external sources.
Will be required to attend a scheduled daily supervisor's meeting.
Be knowledgeable of company and union polices.
An associates degree or equivalent work experience.
Plant experience and demonstrated leadership abilities.
2-5 years supervisory experience of 20 or more employees.
Skills & Abilities Needed
To apply, email your resume to: Erica Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please list "Shift Supervisor" in the subject line of your email when applying.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bemis is a global manufacturer of flexible packaging with 2014 net sales from continuing operations of $4.3 billion.