Laramie County School District is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
District Summer School - Elementary Social Worker for ESY (1 position)
Overview: 1-2 days per week, contingent upon need
1. Review LCSD#1 job description for above.
2. Complete application for employment (for non-district employees).
3. Provide a written resume of previous experience and qualifications.
4. All in-district employees must submit a Letter of Intent to email@example.com for any of the above desired positions.
Location: 5 Elementary Locations:
Required Staff Development: June 6, 2012
- Freedom Elementary School (Central Triad, grades K-6, Reading/Writing Academy & Math Academy)
- Afflerbach Elementary School (South Triad, Grades K-6, Reading/Writing Academy, Math Academy; ELL)
- Rossman Elementary School (South Triad, Grades K-6, Reading/Writing Academy, Math Academy; ELL)
- Baggs Elementary School (East Triad, Grades K-6, Reading/Writing Academy, & Math Academy; elementary PALS)
- Alta Vista Elementary School (Lindamood Bell Program, Grades 2-5; serves entire district)
8 am to 4 pm each day
Work Days / Planning Days for Teachers:
June 11 ( staff meeting, collaborative teaming/instructional planning, 7 hrs)
June 12 (collaborative teaming/instructional planning, 7 hrs)
8:00 am to 4:00 pm each day
Summer School Dates: June 13 to July 13, 2012
No Classes: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, Independence Day Holiday
Student contact Time:
8:00 am to 12:00 pm, Monday through Friday
8:00 am to 11:00 am, Friday
Teacher Work Time:
7:45 am to 12:15 pm, Monday through Friday
7:45 am to 12:15 pm, Friday (Friday Collaborative Team Meetings, 11:15 am-12:15 pm
Review appropriate regular school year qualifications.
Strong communication skills preferred.
Innovative, creative teachers, willing to motivate and accelerate learning for academically At Risk students in the areas of Language Arts and Mathematics. The following experiences are a plus:
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes® Intensive Summer Reading Clinic Teachers
- Manipulative Math Programs
- Balanced Literacy Training
- Leveled Literacy Intervention Training (K-2)
The following training is required and must demonstrate proficiency in the following programs:
- Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes® Human Learning Management® OR
- Visualizing and Verbalizing® and Seeing Stars®
- Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes® Assessment (preferred but not required)
- Facilitators must be a Certified Lindamood-Bell Consultant
Job-sharing will be considered during summer school on a case-by-case basis with the following guidelines:
- Pre-arranged, two-person collaborative teams with evidence of a teaching plan.
- Evidence of a communication plan.
- Commitment to attend meetings and trainings.
- Evidence of a pre-planned schedule.
All summer school instructional employees are required to attend staff development training designed to address the needs of at-risk students in a summer school setting as identified by the ILP.
(One or more are required to qualify for this position.)
(All listed items are required to qualify for this position.)
SSW School Social Worker K-12
Education America Network - 21 months ago