The Principal Project Controls Engineer is responsible for implementing scope, schedule, and budget activities for all project phases. This position leads and mentors the project controls team, develops and maintains budgets and schedules, measures and reports cost and performance, and monitors change management documentation and processes on all projects. This position reports to the Project Controls Manager. |
- Serve as customer contact on scheduling and cost control issues.
- Determine project requirements and implement project controls policies and procedures based on Company and customer requirements and in coordination with the Project Controls Manager.
- Develop project cost models, assign job numbers and cost codes, and monitor timesheets and expenditures.
- Establish code of accounts based on work breakdown structure for each project in coordination with the Accounting department personnel.
- Identify, generate, and maintain critical path management (CPM) schedules.
- Prepare and review progress reports, analyze and evaluate problems, and recommend corrective actions.
- Update cost estimates and schedules based on project progress reports.
- Provide input to project execution plan development.
- Identify and implement techniques to improve estimating, planning, and cost control methods.
- Lead and provide mentoring to department personnel.
- Ensure personnel comply with Company and customer policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and education in AES zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations.
Bachelor of Arts or Science degree with a minimum of eight years experience in project management experience required. A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered in lieu of the bachelors degree. Proficiency with Oracle, Primavera, WinEst Pro, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Arctic Slope Regional Corporation - 17 months ago
Alaska's slippery slopes have led to financial success for ASRC Energy Services. A subsidiary of Arctic Slope Regional Corp., ASRC...