Assist with the administrative responsibilities of the employment and labor division.
• Participates in and provides legal advice in union contract negotiations and contract interpretations.
• Prepares for and defends City Schools in complex suits that are brought against the School System in Administrative, State and Federal Court.
• Represents City Schools at court hearings and administrative proceedings. Performs legal research and renders legal opinions on difficult questions that are raised, in particular issues involving current or potential litigation exposure.
• May prepare and file briefs for cases before the United States Supreme Court, United States District Court of Appeals and Maryland Court of Appeals.
• Drafts agreements, releases, contracts, and other legal documents.
• Oversees and evaluates the work of legal assistants and supporting staff.
• Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
SchoolSpring.com - 18 months ago