Analyzes business and/or technical requirements to formulate a testing plan according to TM-M. Produces test plans and scripts necessary to satisfy business and/or technical requirements. Performs risk assessment of test designs and scenarios to mitigate risk while still meeting required timelines. Coordinates with technical and business resources to identify and correct system defects that are detected during the testing activity. Performs test analyses and issues resolutions of business and project requirements.
With limited direction, conducts on-line, batch and data verification testing of the Total System. Creates test designs (on-line, batch and data verification) according to project requirements. Ability to use automated testing tools to execute manual and automated tests. Performs test analysis on moderate level project requirements and identifies and reports issues as appropriate. Effectively uses the different types of testing techniques that are available in the industry (i.e. positive, negative, regression). May review and evaluate test designs in order to meet project requirements. Navigates between computer applications on the mainframe (i.e. TSO, FileAid) and PC software (i.e. Excel, Access). Validates test conditions and review data values utilizing multiple environments. Works with programming to condition accounts and execute special testing requirements for test validation. Begins to mentor new employees.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Experience with mainframe validation and web testing, to include writing test plans and producing test artifacts
Advanced experience with Regression and Functionality testing.
Experience with backend testing (SQL database querying).
Experience maintaining and measuring defect metrics using Quality Center in mainframe testing environment.
Understanding and experience with test automation (QTP).
Advanced experience with web regression and functionality testing.
Experience with security and integration testing and knowledge of QA standards and best practices.
CTFL and/or ISTQB Certifications a plus.
Acquiring Clearing & Settlement knowledge, highly preferred.
Previous experience managing teams, highly preferred.
Knowledge/experience with mainframe and quality center testing environments, a plus
Four year college degree and 2 or more years professional experience
4 or more years professional experience is required. Appropriate TSYS experience is preferred.
- Works well in a team environment
- Takes initiative
- Delivers quality customer service
- Continues to develops a job knowledge
- Portrays a positive attitude
- Flexible; adjusts to change
- Ability to follow direction
- Accepts supervision/guidance
- Complies with Company standards/policies/procedures
- Displays professionalism in both conduct and dress
Skills and Competencies
- Asks for advice and input from team members
- Listens well/utilizes information
- Contributes/shares ideas and information
- Develops rapport with customers
- Develops correspondence skills
- Quality minded
- Attends required meetings as specified in the TM-M
- Attends team, department, division meetings
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Develops basic knowledge of TSYS organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to think analytically
- Strong research skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Basic industry knowledge
- Strong project management skills
- Develops a working knowledge of applicable mainframe applications (TSO, JHS, CICS)
- Proficient PC skills (knowledge of similar program acceptable)
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Access (preferred)
- Outside View (preferred)
- Project management tool
- Time management tool
- System Specific Software Requirements (Divisional):
- TS1 – WinRunner, Test Director, Hyperstation, FileAid
- TS2 – WinRunner, Test Director, FileAid
- TS1 Commerce – FileAid
- TS2 Commerce – Hyperstation, FileAid
- BofA – WinRunner, Test Director, FileAid
- Attends to detail
- Manages time and priorities
- Multitask oriented
- Normal office environment
- Accepts responsibility
- Follows plans and assignments
- Exhibits effective problem solving skills
- Develops awareness of system impacts
- Recognizes problems and issues
- Acts quickly to carry out decisions
- Practices confidentiality
TSYS Acquiring Solutions, L.L.C.
TSYS - 2 years ago
44 million times each day, the people of TSYS® improve lives and businesses across the world by processing a payment. We make it...