We're Hiring | Sr. Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA, San Jose, CA or Kirkland, WA
ServiceNow, one of the fastest growing publicly held SaaS and Cloud Companies, is transforming and reinventing the way large corporations are managing their Information Technology (IT). Established in 2004, ServiceNow develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of cloud-based services for enterprise IT management.
Why work Here? The people. The product. The future. As a company, we are growing at a record-breaking speed but still maintain the startup mentality upon which we were founded. We value pure innovation and encourage creativity and collaboration. We are a high performance culture, challenging even the brightest thinkers to execute their ideas and push themselves to the next level. We provide an energetic and inclusive work environment where individuals with the right aptitude and attitude will excel. We play hard, but we work even harder. Think you have what it takes? You are invited to be part of the success – join our team of dedicated professionals and grow your career with us!
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. As a key member of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team, you will be responsible for architecting, building and managing the global cloud infrastructure that runs our SaaS product. This is an opportunity to be at the core of building a Cloud SaaS platform that will scale to millions of users!
The Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineering team architects, builds and operates the server infrastructure that runs our SaaS platform at scale and with high availability. Working closely with engineers and developers across the company, the candidate will be responsible for:
This is a great opportunity to help us lead the industry in designing and implementing the next Cloud infrastructure.
- Building software tools to automate infrastructure and release management
- Application benchmarking, performance analysis and capacity management
- Recommending code tuning/optimizations
- Designing scalable software and database architecture to support customer growth
- Researching and implementing new tools and technologies
The candidate should have a strong background in systems architecture and engineering, understanding of the components of software infrastructure, including hardware platforms, OS, virtualization, application, databases, web and application servers. Prior experience in software development/engineering, release management/ DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure is highly desirable. Strong Linux expertise is a must.
- Solid experience with Linux and/or FreeBSD
- At least working knowledge of Perl, Python or C/C++
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra or similar technologies
- Understanding of Apache/Tomcat; some experience with Java is a plus
- Experience with systems management platforms (Puppet, cfengine, chef) at scale is highly desirable
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- A CS/EE degree with 8+ years of proven, related experience is required.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow - 2 years ago
Service-now.com is the leading provider of On Demand IT service management solutions. Supporting more than one million users worldwide, we...