Position: Linux Systems Developer
Location: Norfolk, VA
ipConfigure is a privately-owned research and development software company and a leading developer of IP video surveillance solutions. We are seeking an experienced Linux systems programmer to work with our computer vision and video analytics research team to support embedded algorithm and application development. In this role you will work in a Linux environment writing software for Linux-based IP video cameras to help create cutting-edge products in the image processing, security, wide area surveillance and computer vision spaces.
- Systems programming experience in a Linux/POSIX environment.
- 2+ years of C or C++ development experience, or equivalent academic experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related field is a strict requirement.
- Experience in both Windows and Linux development.
- Asynchronous programming.
- ARM or MIPS embedded Linux development.
- Real-time and performance critical algorithm development.
- SQL, NoSQL.
- Image processing, signal processing or machine learning background is a plus.
- Work with a team of three to five engineers and programmers to support the development of next-generation video analytic technologies, as well as the maintenance and enhancement of existing product lines such as embedded license plate recognition, surveillance video management systems, and other advanced analytics.
- Assist in feature planning and system design.
- Individually or collaboratively create codes for data management, standards-based application layer interfaces, and mobile and browser-based user interfaces.
- Develop or implement computer vision and pattern recognition codes, with support from our computer vision researchers.
- Design and conduct algorithm accuracy and evaluation procedures.
- Investigate and evaluate emerging technologies.
- Estimate, track and maintain personal timelines, milestones and deliverables as part of a comprehensive project plan.
- Prepare technical specifications and deployment documents.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -