This position consists in executing the translation of medical, police and firefighter-related protocol from English to Dutch. The ideal candidate must have a native fluency of the Dutch language. This position serves as the primary subject matter expert for Dutch language translations. Oversees the inclusion, identification, and development of the Dutch language and culture in both Company materials and relations.
**THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH, NO TELECOMMUTING**
- Reads through original materials (both printed materials and specialized software) and rewrites them in Dutch, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained. Adapts the material to the emergency dispatch market in Dutch-speaking countries.
- Using specialized dictionaries, thesauruses, reference books, as well as native-speaker proficiency in Dutch, finds the closest equivalents for terminology and words used. Researches technical, scientific, and legal phraseology to find the correct Dutch translation.
- Learns and uses appropriate translation software and tools for presentation and delivery.
- May need to consult with the Company’s Dutch liaisons to discuss any unclear points and arrive at the best solution.
- Edits and proofreads final translated versions of material. Approves all final product versions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Must possess advanced verbal and written skills in both English and Dutchlanguages
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Competences in writing and proofreading of text
- Excellent knowledge of hardware and software PC.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organizing and coordinating information and deadlines
- Creating written communication
- Frequent computer and telephone use
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Concentrating for long periods of time
Email resume with salary requirements. Our company thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Priority Dispatch Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a small, fast-growing provider of consulting, training, and software products for the public safety market. Priority Dispatch is based in the U.S. in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and matching 401K programs, etc.
Priority Dispatch Corp. (PDC) provides comprehensive, integrated solutions for Police, Fire and Medical emergency dispatching. We incorporate the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch approved Priority Dispatch System® in all our products. PDC offers multi-agency emergency dispatching ProQA® Software, as well as a card-set version, AQUA® quality improvement software, training, consulting, and Academy accreditation support.