Under the direction of the Managing Director, the Manager of Service and Network Engineering is responsible for managing analysts to ensure mainline network and linehaul operations are properly engineered. This includes developing planning tools, monitoring network performance, creating operational forecasts and working with sales/solutions and customers to meet customer needs. The hub and network engineering plans must support the service standards established.
- Manages, sets expectations and follows up with engineers and analysts on project status and regular tasks.
- Manages network load planning, changes and process improvements to improve efficiency.
- Promote, train, develop, direct and discipline engineers and analysts. Conduct annual performance evaluations, monthly development planning, and weekly staff and team meetings.
- Develops and maintains service goals, SQI, Key Performance Metrics, network load plan and operational forecasts for field use.
- Develops, maintains and monitors goals for mainline/NDC network and on-time service performance.
- Manages service/transportation analysis for existing, potential customers and new service engineering projects.
- Responsible for explaining change and variation for service and network performance.
- Develops and maintains service and network performance metrics, network load plan.
- Travels to hubs and customer locations to review needs. Provide oversight to engineering solutions and recommendations to customers.
- Collaborates with FedEx Operating companies to assess, build and implement new initiatives that reduce cost and improve service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related field required.
Five (5) years experience required in transportation, logistics, engineering or related area.
Required Skills - Abilities and/or Licensure:
- Strong MS office skills, particularly with Excel in data manipulation and presentations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Databases and Microsoft Access.
- Basic Business Objects. SQL preferred.
- Ability to learn new software/systems to complete tasks.
- High degree of interpersonal and interdisciplinary skills with a willingness to support team members.
- Requires solid, effective, verbal and written communication skills. Detailed orientated, with the ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management, as well as, both business and technical departments.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks, effectively direct the work of others, and adapt to changing priorities. Demonstrate commitment to Total Quality and the process of continuous improvement.
FedEx SmartPost - 17 months ago
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...