Our History of Expertise & Quality Focus
eBioscience, Inc. was founded in June 1999 in the San Diego Golden Triangle, an area rich with emerging technology companies and close to the University of California San Diego campus as well as Scripps Institute. A collaborative environment that encourages employee development, the company offers a dynamic work environment in which people can learn and grow with the business.
A rapidly growing, fast-paced biotech company, eBioscience provides innovative high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery in the areas of immunology, cell biology, stem cell biology and oncology. Product line applications include reagents for multicolor flow cytometry and immunofluorescence, functional assays, ELISA, and western blot. The organization is committed to developing and producing a large selection of innovative and commonly used reagents at high quality and great prices. Unique opportunities for talented and motivated individuals are available at increasingly rapid rates.
In 2009, eBioscience expanded our product offering to include the Diagnostics market and established regional headquarters in Europe with the acquisitions of a distribution company in Frankfurt, Germany and Bender MedSystems, GmbH (BMS), a manufacturing organization in Vienna, Austria.
An organization that values people, creativity and learning, eBioscience strives to achieve excellence while creating a challenging and fun work environment.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual accountable for overseeing Analyte Specific Reagent Development and associated Quality Control to ensure high quality product standards are met and customer satisfaction is achieved. The successful candidate will have the ability to function in a fast-paced and highly technical environment. Responsibilities include managing a team, designing experiments, analyzing and summarizing flow cytometry data, leading data review and project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
- Develop, validate and implement new flow cytometry assays required for validation and quality control of Analyte Specific Reagents.
- Serve as lead scientist, applying hands-on expertise aimed at testing and optimizing novel cellular assays and reagents for research and diagnostic use.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with coordinated timelines and launch dates.
- Oversee activities of quality control associates and provides technical direction and expertise.
- Collect, report and present results to peers and senior management either orally or in writing. Ensure specifications data, protocols and reports meet project objectives.
- Recognize and take appropriate action in response to critical or unexpected results and communicate with supervisor and stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring an efficient workflow operation and reports any delays and problems that can cause delay on the workflow process to supervisors/project collaborators.
- Liaises with Research and Development during development of new methods and method optimization and feasibility studies. Provide support for design control activities.
- Understand and leverage published research in clinical diagnostics.
PhD in Immunology, Biochemistry or related field. Ability to research, design, validate and implement new test systems and assay procedures. At least 5 years experience in multi-color flow cytometry, instrumentation and gating analysis procedures, a strong comprehension of antibody and fluororchrome performance and compatibility and expertise in human immunology is required. Candidate must also have strong scientific background, excellent prioritization skills and driven to achieve goals and objectives. Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment is a necessity. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong work ethic, creative approach to solving technical problems in a team environment are required. Flexibility, a willingness to take reasonable risks, and a passion to drive for results are key for this position. Candidates with experience in clinical setting are preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. Occasional use of a step-stool is required to reach for objects. Close vision is required. While performing duties of this position, employee will occasionally work with fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
We offer an exciting, entrepreneurial environment and a competitive compensation package, including salary, plus performance bonus and benefits (medical/dental and 401k). Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Our company culture is creative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial. We are a right sized environment where you can stand out and make a difference.
eBioscience - 3 years ago