Provide direction and leadership to branch teammates with emphasis on:
Provide operations oversight; ensures compliance with policies and procedures. Supervise branch teammates by participating in performance reviews, selection, and performance counseling. Ensures compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Additionally, Assistant Branch Managers are responsible for sales and service activities that include store prospecting, and assisting clients on platform and teller transactions. Licensed Assistant Branch Managers hold additional responsibility for sales and/or referrals of insurance and investment products. Licensed Branch Managers may hold at minimum:
- Providing industry-leading client service skills
- Achieving branch and individual sales, service, and referral goals
- Operating in a team environment where duties will include a mix of management, sales/referrals and transaction responsibility
- Championed as the branch's second in command in absence of the Branch Manager
Time spent in various aspects of this role will vary depending upon branch traffic and needs and the role of other teammates in the branch. Work schedule may include Saturdays and Sundays. Must adhere to applicable regulations, internal controls, policies, procedures and the SunTrust Code of Conduct. Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Insurance licenses (Life, Health and/or Variable)
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 registrations (or equivalent)
- Maintain continuing education coursework to keep licenses and/or registrations in active standing.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two and a half years retail sales experience or two years financial sales and service experience (such as an In-Store Financial Services Representative or Personal Banker at SunTrust or a comparable position at another financial institution).
- Must have cash handling or payment transaction experience.
Licensed In-Store Assistant Branch Manager IIIn addition minimally holds insurance licenses (Life, Health and/or Variable Products) and may hold FINRA Series 6 and 63 registrations (or equivalent). Has and/or will maintain continuing education coursework to keep licenses and/or registrations in active standing. Ability to meet or exceed minimum performance standards specific to investments and insurance.
- College level courses.
- Three years in retail branch sales with at least six months experience in a management, leadership or coaching role (Teller Lead, Teller Coordinator, Client Service Manager, or, In-store Assistant Branch Manager at SunTrust or comparable roles at another financial institution).
- Completion of Core STU Curriculum Training as well as corresponding Assistant Branch Manager coursework.
- Demonstrated ability to respond in a professional manner with a high level of service quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong probing and listening skills to uncover client needs.
- Understanding of consumer and business lending instruments as well as deposit products.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
SunTrust - 16 months ago
Coca-Cola, fast cars, and SunTrust Banks -- this Sun Belt company is southern to its core. Its flagship SunTrust Bank subsidiary...