Responsible for developing Electrical Engineering Design change packages and calculations in support of maintenance or capital projects at a nuclear power facility. Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may involve a variety of complex features. May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments. Verify and/or perform all design calculations. This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered. Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from accredited program.
· Minimum 3 years related experience in the nuclear industry (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Previous nuclear operating plant experience preferred.
· Registration as an FE.
· Knowledge of 10CFR50.59 process
· Nuclear Modification, Engineering Change Package Experience
· Equipment and System Design Experience
· Experienced in design reviews and design review preparation
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Burns & McDonnell is making the world a more amazing place, one project and one relationship at a time. With 5,200+ engineers, architects,...