The Assistant Director works as a member of the Yale College annual giving fundraising team to raise unrestricted support for the University through organized and coordinated fundraising efforts. |
Department URL Address:
Click here for more information
1. Develops revenue and donor goals; develops and implements effective fundraising programs for each assigned class or constituency, including external personal visits, personalized written campaigns, phonathons, social media, direct mail, and email.
2. Recruits, trains, and manages a substantial group of alumni volunteers; creates communications to large number of volunteers; supervises mass mailings to volunteers; informs volunteers of updated information and deadlines; evaluates individual donor and volunteer needs and provides other personal support. Has the authority to represent the University to alumni donors and volunteers.
3. Advises, educates, and solicits potential alumni donors through external face-to-face meetings, phone contacts, and written communications.
4. Monitors, on a weekly basis, annual giving solicitation strategies as well as participation and dollar goals for all supported classes. Identifies opportunities/needs to adjust strategies in order to reach fund raising goals. Implements new and modified strategies as needed.
5. Continually reviews alumni donor profiles to identify potential top annual donors and determines individual solicitation strategies.
6. Develops, fosters and maintains positive alumni relations to keep alumni engaged and disposed to give back to the University.
7. Coordinates special annual programs with a targeted focus.
8. Plans and attends meetings and events on and off campus.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and two years of direct fundraising, marketing, communications or volunteer management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, including attention to detail.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks and attend to follow-through.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Highly motivated and energetic, ability to show initiative and work independently.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Outgoing personality and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with alumni, customer-service orientation.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word. Familiarity with fundraising/marketing databases.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...