Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers value through clinical leadership and excellence. Covidien manufactures, distributes and services a diverse range of industry-leading product lines in three segments: Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Supplies. With 2012 revenue of $11.9 billion, Covidien has 43,000 employees worldwide in 70 countries, and its products are sold in over 140 countries. Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Covidien – both in the lives of others and your career.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Intern project will be to work with a product manager to develop and execute global strategic and tactical programs in support of a recently launched product. Project elements may include:
- Evaluate potential for strategic partnerships and participate in negotiations
- Work with cross-functional team (including R&D, Finance, Marketing, Regulatory) to perform competitive assessments
- Develop positioning/promotion strategy for Covidien products
- Create marketing collateral to support rollout of projects/initiatives
- Assist with the implementation of strategic/tactical plans, including forecasting revenue and unit sales
- Effectively present product or technical information to external or internal customers
- Assist with the development and delivery of strategic presentations to upper management groups
- Graduate student pursuing an MBA or similar; focus in marketing preferred
- Medical device or healthcare experience preferred
- GPA of 3.0 or above (undergraduate and graduate)
- Must be available to work at least 40 hours a week
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills and strong collaboration skills
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with the ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to work independently after suitable training and direction given
- Ability to present findings in both written and verbal presentation format
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Covidien does not provide housing assistance or transportation.
Covidien - 17 months ago
Covidien is a leading global healthcare products company that creates innovative medical solutions for better patient outcomes and delivers...