Perform sourcing activities to insure appropriate support for Total Cost Sourcing efforts. Develop the supply base (for assigned commodities) and assist in the development of the sourcing strategy. Drive year over year cost reduction. Drive Lean Supply Chain initiatives and develop long term supplier relationship.
- Organize and procure direct and indirect materials and services for Business Unit supporting ongoing demand and new product development efforts.
- Negotiate and manage legal and commercial contracts for assigned commodities (under supervision).
- Develop new, and manage ongoing, cost reduction efforts utilizing “Total Cost of Ownership”, “Return-on-Investment and “Make/Buy methodologies.
- Participate in the research and development of product specifications that meet the requirements of the end item products.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers to execute Value Engineering (VE) opportunities.
- Become functional liaison between Manufacturing, Engineering and the Supply Chain across the Business.
- Select suppliers utilizing negotiation and competitive bid process…including e-procurement tools.
- Monitor Supplier performance and lead corrective action recommendations.
- Work closely with Supplier Development Engineers (SDE) in performing on-site supplier assessments. Provide overall leadership.
- Deploy value added inventory management techniques i.e. “Pull”; SOMI and Consignment.
- Ensure alignment of supply base with corporate guidelines on payment terms
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field is required.
- 3+ years purchasing experience as a direct material buyer. CPIM or CPM desired.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong PC computer skills including, Excel, MS Project and Word.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Experience with Material Management Systems (ERP/MRP).
- Proven success record in implementing significant “Work-Out” and “Productivity” programs incorporating PPI and Lean concepts.
- Ability to form relationships within the Procurement function that facilitates exchange of ideas throughout Global Procurement.
- Working knowledge of MRP and ERP principles and materials management is a must. APICS and/or ISM certification preferred.
- Must have experience with supplier certification processes as well as Make/Buy analysis
Desired Competencies :
- Negotiation skills - Understands completely the dynamics of negotiation with the ultimate goal of achieving the highest value outcome for both parties while being able to recognize when an agreement should not be made.
- Drives for Results - Consistently hits the goals and objectives set while always focusing on driving towards stretch goals.
- Written Communication Skills - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles in order to achieve the impactful result.
- Technical (continuous) learning - Demonstrates the mental agility to acquire new concepts rapidly and has an aptitude for learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups and up and down the levels of the organization
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 17 months ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and...