Acts as the principal designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs. This position will support the development, implementation and on-going enhancements to CGHB’s Global Business Analytics platform which will enable CGHB’s global financial management, client reporting, and cost containment/fraud identification analysis and reporting for key internal stakeholders. This individual will need to possess very strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to understand the key business issues/complexities to develop technical solutions that can inform and drive business goals.
- Develop and enhance global business analytics platform utilized to predict, classify, quantify, and/or forecast metrics utilized to support business decisions.
- Responsible for continuous improvements of data quality and analytical capabilities contained within Business Intelligence dashboards.
- Develop understanding of internal reporting needs/requirements and provide associated support.
- Works closely with client and IT management and staff to identify application development solutions, new or modified programs, reuse of existing code through the use of program development software alternatives, or integration of purchased solutions or a combination of the available alternatives.
- Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution.
- Analyzes business and user needs and provide optimal technical solutions.
- Designs, codes, unit tests and documents system enhancements and or small to medium scale development initiatives as needed.
- May act as the principal designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Follow SDLC standards, source code management and release management procedures.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting business information/data management initiatives with a focus on new development.
- Minimum 2 years of database and application development experience using Oracle SQL required.
- Business Intelligence reporting/tools implementation experience is required (QlikView experience preferred).
- Experience in the health insurance industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience with financial management reporting and data tools and processes is strongly preferred
- Ability to present analysis and findings in business context.Experience working with a cross-functional team to implement a key strategic project / enhancements.
- Depending upon the need, ability to act in different capacities for various tasks and projects.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
- Highly knowledgeable in data warehousing concepts and technologies.
Critical Success Factors:
- Self-starter with an excellent analytical and technical background, experience in application development and systems analysis.
- Works productively in a time sensitive environment that requires constant development of data understanding and data analysis.
- Ability to understand the business objectives and technology as well as underlying data required to support product needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work at both the conceptual and very detailed levels and easily shifts between the two.
- Excellent communication skills amongst both team members and upper Management Executives and experience working in an empowered team environment.
- Identifies ways to efficiently improve the collection of data, reduce operational costs, always focusing on results.
- Takes quick, decisive, informed action on issues or problems judged as critical.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to influence internal and external resources.
CIGNA - 17 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...