Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With 2009 revenues of nearly $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,000 salaried and hourly staff along with more than 15,900 craft workers.
This position will work with other team members, the Kiewit Service Desk and contractors when required to manage and supervise the administration, maintenance and technical support for all District Offices and Job Sites. Duties include but are not limited to the management and/or supervision of:
Each of the activities listed above may be managed using district resources, third parties or via remote team members.
- Documentation the district IM infrastructure
- Overseeing the support all projects from handoff by Field Services through to the start of demobilization
- Overseeing IM Procurement activities in the district
- Reporting on monthly and annual procurement expenditures
- Identifying opportunities to reduce overall costs and improve supplier performance
- Initiating and driving the training necessary for customers to become proficient with technology
- Ensuring that inventories are kept up to date and providing upgrades as required
- Ensuring that security levels are maintained
- Identifying potential service level problems & facilitating solutions
- Setting expectations, training, supervising, assigning projects to and evaluating staff (contractors) to maintain optimum performance of duties
- Scheduling and prioritizing work to accommodate user needs with minimum impact
- Identifying potential areas where policies & procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed
- Ensure continuity of desktop services and compliance to SLAs
- Delivering reports on SLA compliance, trend analysis & appropriate scorecards
- Driving simplification and obsolescence projects on desktop environment
- Building personal relationships with district leadership and personnel
- Continually seeking opportunities to increase end user satisfaction
- Responding to and providing timely reporting of IT/IM incidents and escalations from initiation through remediation, including Disaster
- Highly motivated and self directed
- Minimum five (5)+ years experience in a related information management role
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven experience in managing large project teams on complex, multi-disciplined projects
- Business skills including:
oBusiness Process Management
oPublic Speaking and Presentations
oOccasional weekend hours required for upgrades, conversions, etc.
- Experienced and comfortable working in a matrixed IT environment
- In addition, the successful candidate must be able to meet the following special requirements:
oTravel may be required
oBachelor's Degree in Information Management or equivalent combination of education and experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kiewit E-Verify Statement
This Employer Participates in E-Verify.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify.
Kiewit Corporation - 3 years ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...