Job Description Summary
The Mathematics and Science Division of Babson College invites applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position starting September 1, 2013. The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree in statistics, analytics, or a related field or expect to complete the requirements for the degree by September 1, 2013, a proven teaching record with the desire to deliver statistics and analytics courses to undergraduate and MBA business students, and a strong research agenda.
Primary teaching responsibilities include the required foundation statistics courses and the development and delivery of advanced electives in Business Analytics at both the undergraduate and the graduate levels. The anticipated teaching load is four sections per academic year.
Electronic applications will be submitted through https://babson.peopleadmin.com. Paper applications will not be accepted. Please include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and a brief overview of your research record and agenda going forward. Review of applications will begin on July 15, 2012, and will continue until the position is filled.
Babson Faculty Requirements:
Babson College prizes teaching excellence and takes great pride in its reputation for A+ teaching by its faculty. We are looking for a teacher/scholar who:
• Is passionate about teaching and innovative curriculum development
• Brings scholarly or practical expertise that will add to the intellectual community of the College.
• Is a team player, willing to lead and collaborate with faculty from multiple disciplines to design and teach courses in an integrated, cross-disciplinary context.
• Is curious about and comfortable with technology and the possibility of teaching in a blended/online environment.
• Has the ability to navigate and embrace complexity, ambiguity, and change.
• Cares about contributing teaching, service, and scholarship that will enhance the college’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Will be an engaging, helpful colleague who is committed to the success of Babson College.
Babson College, located 14 miles west of Boston, is an independent school of management that takes a unique approach to preparing undergraduates, graduate students, and working professionals for the challenges of the modern business world. Babson’s dynamic curriculum focuses on developing skills that transcend business so that students gain multidimensional abilities and can make important contributions to business and society. Our students understand that economic and social value creation are not mutually exclusive, but instead are integral to each other. The fundamental business skills and entrepreneurial mindset they cultivate at Babson equip them to make a difference on campus and around the world.
Babson has nearly 2,000 full-time undergraduate students and more than 1,300 full and part-time graduate students. Our highly diverse student body hails from 45 U.S. states and 57 countries. Non-U.S. student comprise more than 20% of undergraduate students and more than 40% of our full time graduate students. Babson offers a Bachelor of Science degree, MS and MBA programs, and executive education programs worldwide.
We seek faculty who are aligned with our values of teaching excellence, collaboration, diversity and inclusiveness, and those who embrace our mission to educate leaders who create great economic and social value everywhere. We seek candidates who are eager to engage as educators among a diverse student community.
Babson is an equal opportunity employer.