ALATEC is one of the fastest growing private, government services companies in the United States. Based in Huntsville, AL; ALATEC operates in New Mexico, Texas, Kansas, Virginia, Florida, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Colorado Springs and Arizona. Driven by ethical business practices and a passionate work environment, ALATEC is committed to supporting the U.S. Soldier.
ALATEC is currently recruiting for a Terrain Database Developer to support Army Capabilities Integration Center (ARCIC) and Fires Center of Excellence research to identify promising Field Artillery and Air Defense Artillery organizational concepts, systems, and munitions.
Chosen candidates will assist the Fires Battle Lab to develop & enhance the FireSim XXI model.
ALATEC has an excellent benefits plan. In addition to low premium medical and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, paid time off, and an outstanding 401K, additional low cost life insurance, and out of pocket medical reimbursement up to $1000 per year.
- Generate rapid correlated visual, sensor, semi-automated forces/computer generated forces, maps, and analytical three-dimensional (3D) databases for, operational uses, and advanced concepts experiments and demonstrations. This shall include the acquisition of existing terrain databases, the modifications and or re-formats of existing terrain databases to meet simulation-specific requirements.
- Develop/maintain proficient and working knowledge of a variety of standard terrain database formats, standard terrain data transformation algorithms, and terrain data development software tools
- Convert terrain data base formats using terrain development tools from Presagis (formerly known as Terrex)
- Add 3D models or features such as buildings, trees, roads, etc., to terrain databases
- Two years (2) experience in visual database modeling/image generation development to support military constructive and virtual simulations
- Two years (2) experience translating, manipulating and working with various geographic information system formats and datasets
- Two years (2) experience in content development for virtual and constructive simulation formats to include Virtual Battle Space 2 (VBS2), One Semi-automated Force (OneSAF), Joint Conflict and Tactical Simulation (JCATS), Fires Simulation XXI (FireSIM XXI) and the Extended Air Defense Simulation (EADSIM)
- Two years (2) experience using Presagis Terra Vista to create models and terrain databases
- Software development using Gamebryo game engine and Openflight application programming interface (API)
- Demonstrated experience of Windows scripting, relational databases, C++, Extensible Markup Language (XML), High Level Shader Language (HLSL), and DirectX programming
- Competent experience in the following areas: computer science, geological information systems, computer graphics, data structure, algorithm and database design, statistics, mathematics, physics
ALATEC is an EEO/AA employer
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering or related field
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ALATEC, Inc. - 12 months ago
ALATEC, Inc., founded in February 2001, is a rapidly growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business providing our customers the highe...