ROLE: The Online Producer will produce and post local content for The Hartford Courant’s website, courant.com and FoxCT’s website ctnow.com. This producer will also take an active role in developing the site’s content, including special features and packages, while working with the website staff, newsroom editors and reporters. The producer will edit and post text, photographs and video, as well as content generated by site users.
- Play a strong role in providing daily online content to the Hartford Courant and FoxCT websites and work smoothly with other newsroom professionals to produce in-depth projects on the web
- Work with associate online editor, online editor and other producers on important projects on the websites
- Develop online-only content in cooperation with online editor
- Work directly with newsroom editors and writers to improve the layout and content of the web site and the processes involved in its production
- Use social and mobile media platforms to distribute news and encourage interaction with readers
- College degree required
- This individual will typically have at least 3-5 years of journalism experience and excellent knowledge of the World Wide Web
- Wide range of computer skills, a broad understanding of the Internet and proficiency in HTML, social media and mobile media along with excellent written communication skills, sharp news judgment and the ability to write clearly and accurately under deadline pressure
- Shows great creativity and versatility in the online presentation of news and information, in text, graphics and multimedia forms
- A high level of skill in a wide range of editing tools and software, including graphics editing programs, is essential.