Washington, DC, US
Pitney Bowes Seeks a Manager of Federal Government Enterprise Sales
A $5.3 billion company with over 28,000 employees, Pitney Bowes is a leading provider of customer communication technologies. Our software, equipment and services help businesses communicate with their customers more effectively in today’s multi-channel environment. Through our unique combination of smarter analytical tools and expertise in physical, digital and hybrid communications, we‘re helping businesses meet the many challenges of connecting with individual customers in a targeted manner. We also provide strategic outsourcing services to help organizations streamline their mail and print operations and manage critical documents.
This position will sit in our Communications Solutions business unit. This business unit provides technologies that help businesses of all sizes better communicate. We offer a full range of meters, digital color printers, inserters and sorters that enable the creation of high-impact, color customer communications, including bills, statements, marketing offers and compliance documents. Our shipping solutions serve mail centers to production shipping. We provide digital solutions so organizations can create the right relations with the right customers.
The Federal Government Specialist, reporting to the Regional Business Director is chartered with two areas of responsibility.
• Achieving sales results for Federal Government accounts throughout the U.S. This includes working with DMT sales executives to identify opportunities, respond to bids, develop solutions, achieving sales and revenue recognition, while motivating the sales force to exceed the assigned quota.
• Accountable for selling ADF solutions to Federal government accounts. The individual acts as a consultant to Federal government accounts to determine solutions for the efficient mailings using Pitney Bowes Software, Printers, Sorters and Inserters.
The successful applicant will be working a defined account base.
This position may have both personal and overlay quota responsibility.
• Annual Sales
• Customer Loyalty
• Internal and External Customer Relationships
• Develop Territory/Account Penetration by building and executing professional selling establishing rapport, discovering needs, relating benefits to product features, handling objections, and managing customer relationships.
• Work to develop a continuous pipeline of new accounts and yet maintain the existing client base.
• Assumes total ownership for accelerating the sale process, generating leads, performing "quarterbacking" the proposal development and successful installation of service offerings.
• Understanding and using financial data to plan and make strategic operational choices and decisions.
• Engaging in self-appraisal, continuous learning and securing feedback from customers, peers and managers.
• Coordinating resources to identify key internal and external resources, communicate relevant information, and build customer-focused relationships.
• Consultative problem solving to build customer value by using consultative problem solving to create new solutions, customized products and services and paradigm changes.
• Knowledge of contracts and the government procurement process.
• Applying business acumen by being totally business orientated.
All interested individuals must apply online. Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. Woman, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply."
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Significant experience selling to the government sector.
• Understanding of Inserters, Sorters, Printers and associated Software.
• Able to gain and sustain credibility with customers and within PBI.
• Team management: Ability to manage in the matrix environment: Strong coaching and development skills.
• 5 years successful business-to-business sales experience using consultative selling and closing skills.
• Knowledge of the government procurement process.
• Passion, energy, enthusiasm for the role
• Understand and use financial data to plan and make strategic operational choices and decisions
• Strong customer service orientation
• Solid basic work-related computer skills
• Good driving record and reliable transportation required
• Ability to work as an individual or in teams
• Excellent communication, negotiation, persuasion and partnering skills
• Practice of goal setting, time management and organizational skills are a must
• Valid Driver's License and clean MVR required
. Knowledge of Holden Methodology and Salesforce.com is a plus
. Knowledge of the Mailing Industry also would be helpful
To learn more about Pitney Bowes and the many other opportunities available, please visit www.pb.com/careers .
Pitney Bowes - 19 months ago
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence...