The Linux Engineer is responsible for technical oversight of the entire Microsoft Linux infrastructure ensuring that all production equipment is properly installed, configured, secured and maintained. Activities include daily administration, set-up, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Designs, installs, configures, supports, optimizes, and administers server operating systems and applications.
- Creates, maintains, and audits system documentation.
- Develops and implements system’s standards, processes, and security.
- Provides support and maintains communication to campuses and business units for IT related support functionalities.
- Analyzes project needs/requirements and recommends solutions to enable enterprise integration of systems and applications.
- Communicates with vendors to obtain system configurations, quoting and support and maintains and communicates project plans and status updates.
- Resolves help desk tickets as assigned and provides 24-hour on-call support for problem analysis and resolution to system problems on a rotational basis.
- Attends vendor training/conferences and presentations to observe demonstrations of system hardware/software.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or MCSE or related certifications preferred.
- Minimum 3 years enterprise (5000+ users) experience with MS Linux Server Administration in a high-traffic, mission-critical environment.
- Knowledge of Linux Active Directory Domains integration and interaction with the network, Group Policy, Anti-Virus applications.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve problems.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced environment with short timelines.
- Ability to maintain high quality of work while supporting multiple critical projects.
Education & Work Experience Required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Knowledge of network devices a plus (ie: routers, firewalls, switches).
- Knowledge of storage devices (NAS/SAN) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in support of a Linux environments
- Expert knowledge of Linux environments including
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Terminal Services concepts and practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory environments
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Group Policy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong process documentation skills
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Bachelor’s degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Access Midstream,
Access Midstream Partners - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
Access Midstream Partners, L.P. (ACMP) is a growth-oriented midstream natural gas services provider with operations focused on owning,...