Process Engineer - Biddeford Plant
Praxair Surface Technologies is a wholly owned subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 Company. We are a world leader in surface enhancement and related technologies. We have an excellent opportunity for a Process Engineer at our Biddeford, ME plant.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for managing growth projects and making process improvements to existing work. This individual will report to the Engineering Manager. Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
New Application Development
· Interpretation and implementation of quality requirements
· Cost estimation and quotation generation
· Specification of capital equipment
· Floor plan / layout design
· Development of technical Plans (operation sheets)
· Tool design and fabrication
· Development of marketing material
· Prepare and submit for customer approvals
· Pre-production demonstration
· Single point of contact/customer interface - New Parts through First Article Inspection
· Specification of raw materials
· Design and implement safety procedures
Existing Program Maintenance
· Process improvements
· Statistical process control design
· Trouble shooting
· Failure Mode Analysis
· Designed Experiments
· Control Plans
· Cost savings initiatives
· Cause and corrective action
· Assist with critical production flow situations
· Operator training
· Rework development
· Development of standard practices
· P&L control of processes
· Cross-functional coverage as engineering back-up
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
Praxair is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering required
· Ability to combine theoretical training with practical experience in a "hands-on" environment.
· Must be a self-starter able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of manufacturing operations, including customers.
· Experience in aviation or IGT industry preferred.
· LEAN, Six Sigma trained; green belt or black belt is a plus.
Recent college graduates with co-op/internship experience also considered
Number of Openings
Praxair Surface Technologies
Praxair makes lighter than air and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial gas...