Waggener Edstrom, one of the world’s largest independent public relations and integrated communications agencies, is looking for a master storyteller and creative campaign architect to help lead our team supporting Microsoft’s Online Services Division (which includes Bing and MSN). The ideal Account Manager is a product PR pro who thrives in a fast-paced, teamwork-oriented environment and has solid relationships with consumer lifestyle writers, bloggers and editors. S/he exhibits excellent persuasive writing and client communications skills and has experience inserting a brand into a pop culture trend or seasonal story. Sound like you? Great, then read on!
In addition to being a client relationship expert and skilled negotiator, you’re also a cool headed manager who knows how to juggle the demands of driving a team and staying ahead of a client. You’re passionate about technology and communications but also have a flourishing life outside the office that provides fresh perspective and an escape from the rigors of work.
• Build and grow relationships with key, senior level media/influencers
• Identify global, digital & social communication trends; educate your clients and the agency
• Conceive and tell strategic stories apart from client business milestones
• Manage junior level staff on global influencer processes and trends
• Identify and drive digital/social media strategies; either standalone or as elements of communication plans
• Articulate emerging media platforms and determine if/how they meet client’s business needs
• Lead clients in understanding the importance of social media engagement
• Provide strategic counsel to key clients and serve as a trusted advisor on their industry competitors
• Manage and grow senior level client relationships
• Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
• Negotiate and manage client expectations and satisfaction
• Develop and execute integrated communication plans
• Assess validity and value of new and organic growth opportunities
• Share industry POV and exhibit strong understanding of shifts and opportunities in the competitive agency landscape
• Manage the career development and performance of direct reports
• At least 5 years’ experience in communications– in an agency or in-house in an applicable industry
• Minimum of 3 years integrated communications management and execution experience, including developing plans, launch strategies, product positioning, pitching stories, negotiation, budget responsibility, media training, messaging and creative tactical ideas
• Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
• Made presentations to groups of all sizes; pitched new business
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, work successfully in a team environment, and meet deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field
Every innovation starts with a big idea, but it’s how you tell its story that makes an impact. That’s where we come in. From...