Manager Software Architecture
- Build up and lead a world class embedded software architecture team as a subgroup of the world wide SWA department to maintain leading edge software architecture/solutions for mobile terminals
- Develops the team to cope with current and future challenges for software architecture in the embedded software arena.
- Develops effective relationships with customers, contractors, clients, universities and partners.
- Responsible for proposing, developing and implementing leading edge architectural and IPR solutions for mobile terminal system/software projects and products
- Handles all aspects of teams performance management.
- Staffing, recruitment and integration of new employees
- Team building, coaching, conflict management and fostering Intel's values
- Interfaces with the System Development team, program management, project management and customer technical support to resolve technical issues, to allocate resources to programs and projects and to satisfy customer needs.
- Applies lessons learned from current customer/platform issues to enhance future SW architectures, as well as influencing HW/SW partitioning
- Serves as communication link between his team and management in order to cascade goals and strategy downwards and to surface issues upwards.
- Supports marketing and sales in discussions with customers, partners and operators
- Full responsibility for functional budget to include but not limited to; functional HC, expense, capital equipment, T&L and training
Candidate must posses a Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
7 years experience as functional manager in a software company
8 years experience in a software architecture/development organization in the embedded software or mobile phone business
7+ years experience in with solid understanding of software engineering and C programming language in embedded systems environment
Solid understanding of object oriented techniques
Solid knowledge in UML and respective architecture tooling
7+ years experience /excellent system level understanding (SW and HW)
English fluent (written and spoken)
9 years experience as functional manager in a software company
10 years experience in a software architecture/development organization in the embedded software or mobile phone business
Expert level understanding of software engineering and C programming language in embedded systems environment
Expert level understanding of object oriented techniques
Expert level knowledge in UML and respective architecture tooling
Advanced level German desirable
Apr 30, 2012
May 1, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...