OpSource is simply a great place to work. Founded
in 2002, OpSource provides cloud and managed hosting solutions that enable
businesses to accelerate growth and scale operations while controlling costs
and reducint IT infrastructure support risks. Headquartered in Santa Clara,
with operations in California, Virginia, the UK, Ireland and India, more then
600 enterprises, service providers and Software-as-a-Service ISVs rely on
OpSource’s expertise, experience and cloud automation technology to operate
high-availablity, business-critical hosting environments. Over the last few
years OpSource has continually been singled out as a leader in our space.
Impressive – don’t you agree?
We are looking for a
Sr. Systems Engineer (Linux)
to join our team!
Sr. Systems Engineer (Linux)
with multiple members of the OpSource and customer teams on a technical and
customer service level. The SE demonstrates an enterprise view and
understanding of systems and technologies. The SE is responsible for
system design, installation and maintenance of hardware products, installation
and maintenance of operating systems, enterprise-wide implementation of new
system management, monitoring and planning tools/processes, fundamentals of
security, installing third party software, back up configuration and
restoration of files, system patches, security updates and system
upgrades. This includes managing service contracts, and documenting
systems in accordance with company standards. The SE serves as a point of
escalation and review for issues or concerns identified by the customer or the
monitoring system on a 24x7 basis.
What we will expect you to
- Provide project leadership and develop
solutions to improve the environment and enhance service reliability
- Provide sales support to assist in
determining customer needs and projecting requirements based on customer
- Responsible for designing networks and
solutions to best meet customer needs as well as making an presending
recommendations to improve existing infrastructures
- Designing networks and system solutions based on customer requests
- Presenting customers with recommendations regarding hardware and
- Installing hardware and software, maintaining appropriate maintenance
levels and tuning.
- Evaluating, recommending, installing and configuring hardware and
software to meet customer requirements
- Installing and configuring tools for event monitoring, capacity
planning, performance monitoring, etc. and making recommendations based on
- Performing system software upgrades including planning /
scheduling, testing, and coordination, and maintaining integrity of the
operating system environment
- Responding to outages both during normal business hours and in an
after-hours, on-call capacity
- Producing documentation for use in configuration, repair and
troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems
- Coordinating and interfacing with outside vendors, end users,
other department team members, and service providers to resolve issues.
- And much more….
Here's what we are looking
for in candidates for this job:
- Experience in
technical concepts coupled with the ability to communicate complex
technical information in straightforward terms
- Experience with and
a broad understanding of implementing and managing complex technical
projects with the ability to solve technical problems
and maintain installation and configuration procedures and document them.
to and maintain system standards.
- Experience with
hardware and software troubleshooting, service contract management and
and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for
- system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our
resources and provide economies of scale.
hands-on and able to train and motivate others
- Willingness to
thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic 24x7 environment
- Ability to identify
and implement standardized processes across the operation environment
Key abilities required:
- Able to effectively communicate with clients,
team members and management alike in order to drill down to the root cause
of a problem
- Able to see opportunities for improvement in
our business, coupled with a clear process focus
- Able to solve problems - a person with a
logical and analytical skill set
- Expertise in deploying and managing Linux
Redhat and CentOS skills
Ubuntu and Debian
is a plus.
- Experience with configuring, deploying, and
troubleshooting Linux clustering solutions such as RedHat Clustering Suite
(RHCS), or the tools and utilities provided by the linux-ha project.
- In depth knowledge of hosting services and
Such as: DNS, AD,
Apache, PHP, Tomcat (java), ColdFusion Server, Oracle Weblogic, and eMail
- Working knowledge of Database applications
Such as: Oracle
Database (RAC included), Mysql – and noSQL applications like MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of Storage principals
(SAN/NAS) and the hardware
that provides those services (CIFS/NFS).
Experience with any of the following hardware providers and devices
is a plus: EMC Clariion (CX3/4) EMC VNX, EMC Celerra, EMC VMAX, 3PAR,
DRDB also desired.
- Working knowledge of backup software and
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking
Must understand Cisco ACLs
and be able to create proper ACLs for our clients.
- Ability to manage, maintain, and review
monitoring and alert rules – and ensure appropriate thresholds are set.
- Familiarity of any of the following scripting
languages: Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby.
- Good English
Non-negotiable for us:
- 5+ years of experience in IT and
production Internet environments with expertise on Linux.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical degree
- Experience and familiarity of cloud products
and line of business required
- Finally, we care about our clients, our
colleagues and the environment and we want you to do the same
If you think you have what it takes, we should
talk. Contact us today!
OpSource - 2 years ago