Open positions range from early mid career to senior level
Why John Deere Electronic Solutions
New technology is arriving ever faster into markets today. At John Deere Electronic Solutions - Phoenix International ( www.phoeintl.com ), we design, develop and manufacture custom, integrated electronic solutions for virtually all markets that require rugged equipment to operate reliably under the toughest conditions. Phoenix International echoes John Deere's passionate drive to provide innovative solutions throughout today's ever-changing world and is recognized as the Electronic Center of Excellence within John Deere.
You can expect the challenge of designing and testing a wide range of electronic controls, displays, and sensors for a variety of on and off-highway vehicles and equipment.
Phoenix International is a progressive, growing organization that has doubled our engineering resources over the past 4 years; we now have over 400 engineers in the product development group. We continually invest in the resources required to grow our business to meet customer needs. We have all of the required design, test and manufacturing capabilities in house.
What You'll Do
At Phoenix International, as an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be responsible for analysis, design, development, debugging and modification of software for electronic controls, displays, and communications applications for harsh and hazardous environments in the agriculture, construction, heavy duty on-highway, commercial and industrial markets. In addition you will:
- Perform requirements capture, analysis, design, programming, debugging, hardware integration and verification
- Solve integration issues that involve multiple modules and/or multiple developers
- Work closely with electronic, system and software design engineers to optimize product performance
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering. In addition we require:
Experience with communication networks and protocols (e.g. USB, Ethernet, J1939, ISO11783, TCP/IP, etc.) and the ability to lead a software development team are also beneficial.
- Experience developing and debugging applications and Board Support Packages using C or C (including drivers, memory management, and efficient driver communication methods) for microcontrollers, ARM processors, DSPs, and/or PSoCs.
- Experience developing with Real-Time Operating Systems or task schedulers.
- Experience developing and debugging software for microcontroller peripherals and systems (e.g. LCD controllers, boot loaders, interrupt and trap functions, serial and parallel interfaces, USB, Ethernet, EEPROM, etc.)
- Experience with debugging tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package .
Make today's technology a springboard for tomorrow.
Link to additional information about the community - http://www.gfmedc.com .
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but responsive to...