Store General Manager #1457 Temple, TX
Job Number: 13000001ZQ
At Best Buy, retail is a business that requires constant innovation, new ideas, new ways to delight our customers and new ways to work together. To meet the unique product and service needs of our customers, our stores and operating models are being transformed to shift our focus from product-centric to customer-centric - a move that poises Best Buy to truly offer the entertainment and technology solutions that meet our customers' needs, end-to-end.
Best Buy Store General Managers are responsible for managing a Best Buy store, end-to-end, within the standard operating platform (SOP), to maximum sustainable profitability, within the Integrated Frame (Employee, Customer, and Shareholder) and through the company Values. The Store General Manager directly manages and develops the Assistant Manager team and provides leadership to their entire store team and in their market. As Best Buy's store-based executive, ensures that no customer is ever left unserved, or underserved.
- Leads store's employee engagement and development efforts, ensuring that employees are valued, safe and feel empowered to serve their customers and create their futures at Best Buy. Is responsible in partnership with district leadership for recruiting and hiring world class employees and casting them into appropriate roles, ensuring that they are fully trained, and are empowered to serve their customers.
- Analyzes store's performance indicators against company business strategies and goals and leads Assistant Manager team to develop plans to improve the business in partnership with district leadership
- Conducts regular store meetings, attends District/Territory meetings, participates in special projects/initiatives as assigned, and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years retail supervisory/management experience
Job: Retail Management
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Business Management or Marketing
- 2 years budget responsibility experience
- 2 years sales related experience
Primary Location: United States-TX-Temple
Organization: Best Buy US Retail
Job Posting: May 3, 2013
Best Buy - 11 months ago
Best Buy Co., Inc. (Best Buy) is a specialty retailer of consumer electronics, home office products, entertainment software, appliances and...