Summary. This position is responsible for assisting in providing management and leadership of the Loan Operations Department as assigned. It includes developing, training, and monitoring the Loan Operations Department in a centralized environment to accurately and efficiently complete daily operational assignments associated with team functions. This position will assist in monitoring and improving operational efficiencies while ensuring quality controls and continued service for customers. The Assistant Manager position must be able to team build, coach and motivate staff, and develop, implement, and monitor processes.
Additional Responsibilities .
- Maintain current knowledge of bank policies, Loan Policy, appropriate regulations, and products and services to develop training materials and communication that will further develop the Loan Operations Department.
- Assist the Loan Operations Manager in developing and implementing training on compliance, processes, and systems.
- Support and lead all areas of the department if the manager is not available.
- Participate or lead project management as assigned. Projects may include investigating a department task, evaluating the process and handling a scrub if needed. Other projects could be developing a new system process for department use, staff training and monitoring the results.
- Assist as assigned to evaluate processes and make recommendations of all areas within Loan Operations and Loan Accounting: ensure documented processes exist and deliver training and follow up as needed.
- Have knowledge about the annual budget for Loan Operations and adherence to financial plans.
- Have knowledge of all functions of the Department teams including, but not limited to: Bankway loan maintenance and loan portfolio monitoring, processing paid loans, loan accounting, reporting, non-accrual processing, escrow processing, loan documentation tracking, insurance tracking, and regulation compliance.
- Assist with FDICIA key controls monitoring as assigned by the Loan Operations Manager.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the core processing system to effectively implement processes for products, services, compliance requirements and Loan Policy.
- Maintain a working knowledge of VisionContent document imaging system Quality Control process and loan document exception tracking and reporting. Assist as needed with assigned reporting requirements, projects, etc.
- Communicate both orally and in writing effectively and concisely with supervisor, team members, and bank management as needed.
- Ensure completion of projects, reports, and report monitoring as assigned.
- Provide customers and banks support as needed.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. All bankers are expected to follow Bank Secrecy Act and other regulatory requirements related to the position.
- Work with the CRA officer to ensure the integrity of our CRA data is accurate.
- Participate on committees and other task committees as needed.
- Serve as backup and daily activity support for all functions of the Loan Operations Team.
- Satisfactorily meet all standards for the STARS program to include the following areas: Welcoming Environment, Warm Hospitality, Better Banking and Building Community.
Education, Experience, Competencies and Skills.
- 3-5 years banking experience in loans.
- Proven record of increased responsibility in previous positions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and reporting abilities.
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and proficiently.
- Progressive supervisory experience, showing ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Regular attendance.
Physical and Mental Requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in loans, operations or finance.
- Knowledge of federal and state banking laws and regulations relating to consumer deposit and loan accounts.
Equipment Used. Computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, ten-key, photocopier, scanner, calculator
- Ability to work seated, using a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach, stretch and bend.
- Ability to work with deadlines and time pressure.
- Ability to work independent of daily supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive bank and customer information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Ability to carry out complex written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand complex regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to calmly handle stressful situations.
This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time. Landmark Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Normal office environment for a majority of job functions.
- Occasional out-of-town travel to bank locations in Missouri, Oklahoma, and/or Texas as needed.
- Work independently and within a team environment.