- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager. Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is often the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance, and manages the team lifecycle stages.
- Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to HP strategy moving forward.
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry
- products and technologies.
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
- Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and coaches others in area of expertise. Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc. Presents at multi-customer technology conferences.
- Creates and supports sales activities. Manages bids, or major input into the sales lifecycle. Manages activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales. Produces complete proposals for smaller engagements within area of expertise. Actively grows HP portfolio with existing customers through new opportunities and change management. Assists with multiple customers. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Sustained and consistent contribution at the work group level.
Education and Experience Required:
8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
5+ years supporting various implementations of Redhat Linux
5+ years supporting high-availability systems on Redhat Linux
or project-specific DTD document, and using HP toolsets/systems (PCM, ADMS, OPSWARE, NSM, etc)
- Experience building out RedHat servers required
- Solid scripting skills desired
- Working experience in RedHat Linux O/S required
- Perform Redhat system installation/builds to meet projects requirement both physical and virtual system, including ensuring that all appropriate HP tools are installed, following HP builds doc
configuring cluster ready services
- Configure Redhat clustering according to client needs, including Oracle RAC configuration (in conjunction with DBA’s ) by configuring Raw devices to ASM file systems and support in
- Resolution of RTB Incidents
- Strong complex project and solution lead experience dealing with customers
- Demonstrated ability to work with large worldwide virtual cross-functional teams
- Comfort working with all levels of a business or IT organization
- Broad technical background
- Provide deep level proactive and reactive support
- Define, design, consult, and lead the technical components/solutions for Redhat Linux server support including interfacing with other domains/services.
- Perform problem management for Redhat Linux servers which includes identifying and documenting the root cause of problems and suggesting corrective actions that will eliminate the root cause
- Resolve complicated problems related to Redhat Linux server technology.
- Perform release to production for the release of new components, service functions, new products/technology, infrastructure server integration or end-to-end service to make sure that the implemented production copy fulfills business requirements according to specifications
- Consult regarding enterprise level projects involving upgrades, patches, etc. of Redhat Linux servers.
- Hardware knowledge of and experience in managing Redhat Linux servers
- Experience helpful in working with SAN and NAS, enterprise replication, storage and backup/recovery solutions
- Networking experience, ability to collaborate with networking team.
- Knowledge of HP Enterprise Services delivery organization, processes, and transformation methods
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated, self-started, flexible, pro-active, able to work to tight deadlines
- Fluent English
- Above average communication skills and ability to work with the rest of the HP team and other Customer vendors
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...