Registered Nurse Leader - Ambulatory Services - Urology
Requisition #: 72931
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: HF Medical Group
Department: UROLOGY WEST
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location West Bloomfield Medical Center
Location (State/City): US-MI-West Bloomfield
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
Provides leadership for a group or four or more staff. (i.e. RNs, MAs, CSRs, etc.) Performs leadership functions about 30% of the time and duties of a Registered Nurse I the remaining 70%. Performs duties of a Registered Nurse in the coordination and delivery of quality compassionate patient care. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family. Effectively communicates with the health care them. Demonstrates clinical competence. Supervises other nursing and support staff as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Nursing reguired, BNS preferred.
- Two to three (2-3) years of nursing experience in a clinical environment.
- Leadership experience in a clinical setting preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES:
- Current license to practice in the State of Michigan as a Registered Nurse.
- Current BLS certification.
- Successful completion of Henry Ford Medical Group Pharmacology test.
- Maintains professional competency through review of current literature, attendance at educational programs, and participation in professional organizations.
May require heavy lifting of patients and/or equipment. WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in a patient care setting with possible exposure to communicable diseases. Driving may be required, dependent on scope of responsibility.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of supervisor or leader experience is preferred for this role.
- Excellent team-building, customer service, triage and critical thinking skills are required. This person has to be accountable, flexible, timely.
A generous full time benefit program includes:
- Medical/vision/dental insurances
- Flexible spending accounts
- 6 paid holidays
- Up to 4 weeks accruable CTO starting after 90 days service
- Tuition assistance of $3,000 per year after one year of service
- Free parking
- Life insurance/disability insurance
- Three retirement programs and more
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight, height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...