Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a writer to research and write copy for internal audiences, shareholders, and others. Content will be targeted primarily to Vanguard's crew, although material may be intended for other audiences from time to time. In this role, you will be responsible for creating accurate, high-quality copy that meets business objectives and can be used in a variety of communications projects, all while meeting project deadlines.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Creating copy that educates the reader while meeting specific business goals.
- Ensuring that copy is accurate and meets the most recently available compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Working closely with clients and colleagues to brainstorm and develop creative concepts while maintaining the tone and message that are uniquely Vanguard's.
- Maintaining job history and keeping track of time spent on each project.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of Vanguard funds, the financial markets, and general investment topics.
- Researching new topics or developing topics as necessary.
Only U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, or others with the permanent right to work in the United States will be considered for this position. Employment is also contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- An undergraduate degree in journalism or English, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional writing experience, preferably with a public relations agency, newspaper or other media outlet, or a corporate communications department.
- Proven ability to grasp complex concepts and convert them into clear, readable prose.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- A financial background or aptitude for financial matters.
- The ability to work occasional extended hours to meet deadlines.
Vanguard is the client-owned investment company that is reducing cost and complexity for all investors.