Autodie LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chrysler Group LLC located just north of downtown Grand Rapids, is a leader in the design and build of metal forming tooling for the automotive industry. Autodie is a company with more than 40 years of experience in fulfilling customer needs for automotive metal forming technologies offering local expertise for project management, engineering, machining, die construction & tryout, engineering change incorporation, buy-off, and launch support.
Autodie is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Occupational Health and Safety Specialist.
The Occupational Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for assisting in the implementation of standardized plant health and safety programs to ensure compliance and corporate health and safety policies and state and federal regulations. The successful candidate will impact corporate savings through elimination of occupational injuries/illnesses, environmental compliance, property damage and improvement of production efficiency as well as safeguarding the health and safety of all employees. The OHS Specialist will be responsible for implementing OHS processes through WCM methodology and advising plant leadership of their scope, purpose and impact on plant operations.
- Lead and direct the WCM Safety Pillar and be involved with implementation of OHS training programs and training assessments to ensure required training is identified and conducted.
- Conduct regular audits of OHS processes and necessary follow up to ensure compliance and advise plant leadership and corporate OHS staff of findings.
- Analyze injury/illness experience, identify/track injury correlation, determine root causes, establish corrective action measures and communicate this information to plant leadership and corporate OHS.
- Ensure proper PPE, safety devices, ergonomic and environmental equipment is available and used in appropriate manner.
- Lead OHS projects to improve key performance metrics.
- Act as management’s representative for OHSAS 18001.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in Health and Safety Compliance in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic understanding of federal and state OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter capable of seeking out and helping to implement process improvement opportunities in an industrial environment.
- Ability to sit for CSP certification within a given time frame.
- Proven ability to collaboratively implement and sustain effective safety programs.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at the same time and follow projects to completion.
- Willing to work additional hours as required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation management, facilitation, training, and leadership skills.
- Strong strategic planning and change management skills.
- Excellent people skills including conflict resolution and situational leadership.
We offer an excellent compensation and complete benefit program in a supportive work environment. Our global commitment to technological advancement offers opportunities for personal growth and development.
Indeed - 12 months ago
Autodie LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chrysler Group LLC located just north of downtown Grand Rapids, is a leader in the design and...