Broadvox is a leader in IP Communications. We have supplied hosted and managed IP communications to US companies, with both national and international office locations, for over 25 years. Daily, Broadvox manages the communications needs of over 600 commercial Class-A office building networks, nationwide. More than 10,000 tenant clients, with over 60,000 endpoints, choose Broadvox hosted UC services to attend to their comprehensive Collaboration and Communication needs.
The Enterprise Java Architect provides a senior-level contribution to a team responsible for the design, development, and implementation of critical business applications. The Java Architect plays a key role in gathering and documenting business processes and system requirements; is the primary person responsible for developing application design specifications; and participate hands-on in developing code. In addition, architects are expected to contribute to the scheduling and coordination of the project and will instruct, assign, direct, and check the work of others as a part of the project team. Architects require minimal supervision and guidance and demonstrate excellent, audience-appropriate communication skills with fellow developers and client personnel at all levels of management.
Primary responsibilities and duties will include :
- Provide supervisory leadership to assigned team members.
- Maintain high levels of performance and productivity within the team.
- Maintain current knowledge of new tools and technologies.
- Maintain current knowledge of established J2EE design patterns.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Builds a strong internal and external network, communicates significance of external developments
- Leader in team performance
- Qualified candidates are required to have client-facing full lifecycle project experience
- Broad system level expertise across multiple computing platforms and technologies with the ability to influence direction around information management at the Enterprise Level
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or science-related field
- 10+ years’ experience in software development with strong customer focus and requirements-driven design and development
- 5+ years of experience in the design and development of enterprise-class projects
- 7+ years hands on experience developing applications using Java technology
- including JSP, JSF, servlets, EJB and JDBC, XML, XSL, XSLT, and Java based XML API's
- Strong experience with Java, JEE, Struts, Spring, JSF, UML, OOAD, Web Services (SOAP/SOA) and multi-tier software design and development
- Thorough understanding of SDLC processes and methodologies and involvement in the complete product development life cycle
- Advanced OOA/OOD techniques to design enterprise applications
- Experience with multiple application servers (JBoss, Apache Tomcat, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of the design and implementation relational databases, with hands-on experience with SQL Server
- Strong experience in RUP and agile development methodologies and associated tools
- Experience with object-to-relational mapping tools such as Hibernate
- Experience with Maven is a plus
- Experience with e-Commerce site or web-based dashboard or mobile application is a plus
We offer a competitive base salary, excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, short/long disability, vision insurance, 401(k), paid PTO time and holidays.
We regret that we will only be able to respond to candidates selected for an interview.
Broadvox, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, valuing the diversity of our workforce.
Broadvox LLC - 19 months ago