Customer Service - Processing Supervisor
Job ID : 2013-15779
# of Positions: 1
Posted Date: 2/13/2013
Job Location: US-MD-Landover
Position Type: Temporary Part Time
Category: Customer Service
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world's leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
The Supervisor, Customer Service Operations effectively manages staff in handling incoming customer service calls pertaining to all aspects of the client boards and all processes pertaining to Producer Licensing. When appropriate, taking the proper disciplinary action to assure that the standards are met and policies uniformly applied to all members of the team. Ensure a high level of quality for both processing and customer contact is achieved by the Specialists.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF JOB
Working closely with the Customer Service Reps and client, the Supervisor, CS Operations provides direct management to Specialists to ensure the smoothly work flow of processing and customer satisfaction.
30% Client Relationship Supervision
- Interacts with Client to resolve issues and to collaborate in establishing processes/procedures
- Provides input and assists Mgr, CS Operations in managing client relationships, compiling reports, and managing the quality and timeliness of all deliverables
30% HR Supervision
- Ensures staff is in compliance with operating procedures, HR & corporate policies
- Evaluates performance and effectively provides feedback to staff
- Assists employees with performance and career development
- Effectively manages performance issues according to established policy
- Conducts regular employee meetings
30% Operations Supervision
- Supervises day-to-day process of assigned group and area of accountability (License Renewals)
- Establishes staff assignments, trains and supervises staff to ensure contractual compliance
- Resolves client and production issues
- Responsible for timely reporting of operational performance
- Assists Mgr, CS Operations in meeting customer commitments
10% Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, College degree preferred
- 2+ year supervisory experience in a call center or administrative environment
- Experience processing receivables and high volume banking transactions, preparation, security and documentations.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Training and coaching skills
- Time management and priority setting skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Ability to motivate others
- Proficient with Microsoft™ Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to make timely decision
Pearson Education - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...