Account Summer Analyst
Account Summer Analysts serve a dynamic role based on the core responsibility of servicing PIMCO’s institutional clients. The Analyst’s primary responsibility is to support PIMCO’s client-servicing professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients. Interns gather, analyze and discuss economic and fixed income trends, evaluate portfolio structures, and deliver attribution analyses to investment professionals and their clients. Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA & New York, NY
Product Summer Analyst
Product Summer Analysts work on various aspects of product management including positioning products across PIMCO’s global distribution network, vehicle design and construction, and competitor analysis and pricing. This role exposes the intern to multiple product strategies, while allowing them to work closely with managers to learn how PIMCO products are developed. Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA.
Portfolio Summer Analyst
Global Portfolio Analysts support an assigned “Global” Portfolio Manager and or senior “Generalist” Portfolio Manager, in the trade room. Portfolio Analysts must build solid internal relationships and partnerships with Portfolio Management and Account Management across the firm’s Global Offices. Additionally, the role frequently interacts with Product Management, Legal and Compliance and Operations. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to: building portfolio summaries, monitoring portfolios, performance and attribution analysis, creating reports for risk monitoring, monitoring position weights and product versus client guidelines. Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA.
Credit Research Summer Analyst
Credit Research Analysts analyze various industries and the companies within them and make investment recommendations to PIMCO’s portfolio managers group. They also provide analytical support for the firm’s portfolio managers by highlighting risks and making investment recommendations on specific companies. Credit analysts at PIMCO specialize in a number of industries and cover all levels of the debt capital structure - investment grade bonds, high yield (“junk”) bonds, bank debt, and convertibles. Job responsibilities would include creating and maintaining historical and projected financial models of companies, constructing relative value tables, and reviewing company earnings and news releases. Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA.
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO – everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship.
- Undergraduates with an anticipated graduation date of December 2013 – June 2014.
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university.
- US work authorization
Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Applicants should submit their resume & cover letter once for consideration for all roles described above. We will determine fit based upon background and skill requirements.
- If you have a specific interest in one of the roles listed, feel free to specify so in your cover letter.
- If you have a geographic preference, please indicate location in your cover letter.
- Submit your resume and cover letter through pimco.com by January 15, 2013.
Summer Program Details
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Personable, ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self starter, accountable, humble
- Finance/capital markets coursework is recommended
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer
- Starts in early-mid June, 10 weeks in length, Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training
- Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
- Formal mentor program
- Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program
Pacific Investment Management Company LLC - 20 months ago