Under the direction of the Manager of Financial Compliance, the Internal Auditor is responsible for the timely execution of activities related to the Sarbanes-Oxley project and risk-based internal audits in accordance with the internal audit plan; this includes all activities from test planning to presentation of results to management. The Internal Auditor is also responsible for identifying and researching applicable operational/financial/technical issues and effectively applying knowledge of company operations to audit matters. The Internal Auditor also acts as a liaison between the Company and external and/or Corporate auditors.
- Responsibility of the performance of Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 financial and operational testing/evaluation of effectiveness of internal controls to determine compliance with company requirements.
- Testing through inquiry, examination, re-performance, and observation of internal financial and operational controls.
- Consult with process/control owners during testing.
- Prepare clear, concise, and value-add audit work papers, reports, and other communications to document audit procedures performed and exceptions noted.
- Present audit results and recommendations to management. Reports include scopes, objectives, procedures performed, and recommendations to improve/enhance the internal control environment, in accordance with established internal audit reporting guidelines.
- Keep up to date on current activities, accounting pronouncements, and audit information significant to the profession and company industry.
US Security Clearance Required
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Coursework in audit, accounting, or related field.
- Understanding of operational audit process, some financial audit skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel).
- Experience/knowledge with regard to Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Travel requirement: domestic up to 10%.
Day - 1st
Yes, 10% of the time
L-3 Communications - 12 months ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones an...