UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security solutions. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated, self-directed and results-oriented Commercial Sales Engineer. The position will be located in Washington, DC. This position reports to the Government Solutions organization and will be responsible for growing commercial equipment sales to the Federal Government sector. Key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Market analysis and key customer target identification
- Selling the Carrier commercial applied HVAC equipment and service offerings to key contractors, consulting engineers and owners
- Achieving annual sales and gross margin targets in order to grow the business within your assigned territory
- Providing technical and product training to key customers
- Owner relationship building to influence projects for direct and indirect sales opportunities
- Leveraging Carrier GSA Schedule presence and other sales tools to increase equipment and service sales
- Interface with local Carrier commercial sales and service teams to increase Federal Government sales and gross margin
- Seek new business opportunities by monitoring Federal Government tools such as FedBiz Ops, Onvia, etc.
- Support Government Solutions Strategic Account Manager responsible for associated region with Strategic Planning and Implementation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for small and large projects or multiple tasks within the functional discipline
- Contributes to their team or department by applying their knowledge of the discipline
- Works with moderate guidance
- Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline and role
EDUCATION:Typical Education Requirements:
- Fluency in English required
- BA/BS degree w/4-7+ years experience
- MA/MS degree w/0-2+ years experience
- 4-7 years of HVAC experience or knowledge of HVAC designs experience desired
- Sense of urgency, self-initiative, commitment and sense of ownership is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with both external customers and a cross functional team of sales, engineering, manufacturing & marketing associates
- Superior follow-up and follow-through skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
- Unwavering customer service orientation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Federal Government Sales experience preferred
The incumbent in this role will be responsible for complying with UTC's Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Carrier Corporation - 16 months ago
Carrier shouldered the load of keeping things hot and cold. The company was the world's largest maker of heating,...