Operates gasoline or diesel powered heavy equipment to lift and move materials and objects as needed. May operate the following equipment: crane, backhoe, bulldozer, cherry picker, stinger, front-end loader, etc.
Reads, studies and interprets job specifications, plans and blue prints. Uses basic math skills including geometry, trigonometry to make calculations for work. Can complete difficult job tasks according to job specifications with minimal or no supervision.
1. Drives equipment to work site utilizing knowledge of driving laws and interpreting driving signals and directs activities of hoist laborer or rigger in placing blocks and out riggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
2. Starts engine, moves hand and foot levers and controls to rotate equipment to raise, lower and extend boom, and to raise and lower the load line.
3. Receives and gives hand signals and/or verbal instruction to and from flagman in order to determine positioning of equipment and specific placement of materials being moved. Must utilize knowledge of hand signals and flagging techniques daily.
4. Must read and interpret load charts and make proper sling and choker selection using basic math skills including geometry to calculate the loads and to verify with the machine.
5. Responsible for identifying hazardous work conditions such as unstable ground, high winds and congestion of traffic and/or pedestrians.
6. Responsible for checking operational condition of equipment prior to use and performing regular maintenance activities such as lubrication of moving parts, checking fluid levels and insuring safe cables, chains and pulleys
1. Minimum of Three year experience.
2. Rigging and flagging skills.
3. Must pass Pala-Interstate Certification Exam.
4. 20/30 and 20/50 Snellen Eye Sight- color vision/depth perception.
5. Undergo OSHA required physical exam.
6. Undergo baseline audiogram.
7. Must pass drug/alcohol screen and background check.
8. Must hold a valid drivers license.
9. NCCER or NCCCO certification may be required.
Pala Group, L.L.C - 19 months ago
Pala is dedicated to providing the highest standards in construction services for leading energy, process, and manufacturing firms in the...