Polar Power is a fast growing company manufacturing specialized generators and solar energy systems. Sheet metal products include; large walk-in enclosures, battery cabinets, generator enclosures, fuel tanks, brackets, control panels, etc. We have a full time position for an excellent sheet metal Mechanic / Fabricator.
We are located in Carson, CA. and plan to move to a larger facility in Tustin, CA. before the end of the year. Polar sells worldwide to industrial accounts including: telecommunications, remote power, military, oilfield, marine. See: http://www.polardcmarine.com/polarpower/ for an idea on some of the products we manufacture.
Our products and services are exciting and well respected all around the world. We have been in business since 1979 as a small company but the current renewable energy and telecommunications needs are fueling our rapid growth.
Polar is seeking a Sheet Metal Mechanic / Fabricator who can manage our small but growing shop producing precision sheet metal parts and metal cabinets for our generators and electronic controls. We need an individual with: multi-tasking, leadership, organizational skills and who will arrive on time, ready to work. As a member of the Polar team, you will personally perform or oversee the sheet metal production and welding.
You will be responsible for programming and operating the: CNC press brake, rollers, CNC punch press, shear, and assembling sheet metal parts from CAD drawings. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting sheet metal production issues to insure on time product assembly including addressing quality or design issues to find workable solutions. You will have multiple responsibilities to ensure the products assembled are of the highest quality and will be called upon to improve production practices and the general quality of the product. You will practice and enforce company policies and safety procedures for a safe workplace.
Abilities and Skills – The best candidate will have the ability to:
- Operate manual and program CNC fabrication equipment, press brake, punch press, machine tools.
- Able to make setups and machine maintenance.
- Read work orders, parts lists and blueprints and follow procedures.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Organize your workday for efficiency, be a “self-starter”.
- Work well under pressure, stay organized and pay attention to detail.
- Work overtime and on weekends if urgently needed (seldom required).
- Use hand tools, power tools, precision measuring instrument and other shop equipment and have a basic understanding of tooling techniques.
Must be able to:
- 5 years minimum sheet metal fabrication experience
- Use of production drawings and sample assemblies to build products
- Fabrication of sheet metal assemblies from engineering drawings to close tolerances
Present location is Carson CA, with near term plans to move to Orange County, CA
- Independently set up and maintain a clean, efficient work / assembly area
- Work with CAD operator to incorporate engineering changes and update drawings
- Be physically fit in order to perform work duties
- Successfully complete drug screening tests
- Pass background check (no prior Felony)
Competitive wages, health insurance, vacation and holiday pay
Please EMAIL resume and place subject Sheet Metal Mechanic, no phone calls will be accepted. Please Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.