The Service Desk Manager’s role is to oversee all Service Desk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions.
The Service Desk Manager is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s service desk according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions.
The Service Desk Manager is also responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans.
1. Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
2. Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected.
3. Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
4. Plan and conduct performance appraisals of Service Desk staff, administer disciplinary action, raises, bonuses and promotions when necessary.
5. Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
6. Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
7. Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical repo
1. College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 8 years equivalent work experience.
2. Certification in ITIL, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support or Microsoft Certified Technology (MCTS) certification for Windows 7, A+ certification highly desired.
3. Extensive support experience with Exchange Mailbox, Outlook and DList related tickets, Active Directory Related Laptop & Application login issues, Oracle ERP, Clarify Application, Insight application, GSS & IT Change point, HDS Portal Issues, Cisco VPN issues, MobileIron Mobile Device Management.
4. Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including Windows and Apple platforms.
5. Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including - Active Directory & Exchange Management Console. SCCM, VMWare Vsphere, Xen Desktop Controller, Mobile Iron, Remote Assistance Tools – WebEx, Office Communicator, Windows Remote Assistance
6. Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, OS X, Windows Server 2008, Knowledge on Exchange Server, Printer Management, VMware, Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp.
7. Familiarity with the advanced principles of ITIL, Microsoft Certified Desktop Support or Microsoft Certified Technology (MCTS) certification for Windows 7, A+ certification
8. Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables.
9. Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team.
1. Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
2. Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
3. Strong customer service orientation.
4. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
5. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
6. Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
8. Ability to conduct research into customer issues and supported products as required.
9. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
10. Highly self motivated and directed.
11. Keen attention to detail.
12. Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Hitachi Data Systems - 2 years ago
Hitachi, which means "risen sun," is looking for a new dawn of profits from its galaxy of businesses. The...