Technical Account Manager, Kindle Content Operations
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
Want to work in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon? Interested in working in a high impact role? Come and join our Kindle team and help define the course of a revolutionary reading device. Kindle wirelessly downloads books, magazines, newspapers, and personal documents to a crisp, high-resolution electronic ink display that looks and reads like real paper.
The Kindle team at Amazon is looking for an innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to join the Kindle Content Operations team. TAMs own the operational relationships with book publishers to ensure the seamless flow of digital book content and metadata throughout the digital supply chain to end consumers.
The TAM will work on building relationships with publishers in the US and South America as well as with internal Amazon Kindle stakeholders in content acquisition, product management, engineering, and operations, to drive end-to-end integration of digital content within Amazon systems. TAMs work with publishers to solve issues around training, onboarding, troubleshooting, file formats, and helps define and adhere to best practices. The successful candidate will be a strong self-starter, thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment, have a demonstrated ability to solve technical challenges, and be able to credibly coordinate between teams of technical resources and business stakeholders.
- Provide daily technical support for publishers and conversion houses on issues such as data transmission, XML, ONIX, FTP, DRM, images, metadata, digital file formats, and content ingestion portals specific to Amazon.
- Interact with digital content providers to stay on top of new content deliveries, changes in specs, resolution of problems including issues related to ingestion, clearing and reporting.
- Drive process improvement initiatives to drive key performance indicators related to the customer/publisher experience and internal system efficiency.
- Consistently improve content provider and Kindle customer experience by delivering superior publisher support, and by relentlessly advocating for content providers throughout the enterprise.
- Bachelors degree required
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- 3-5 years of experience managing relationships, cross-functional teams, programs, or products
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and proven successful in relationship management
- Experience in ebooks and knowledge of the publishing industry required
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with digital media data and distribution elements, formats, and platforms: XML, ONIX, Codecs, FTP, Encoding, DRM, etc.; knowledge of SQL, Excel, Access
- Experience integrating disparate processes and systems into a cohesive workflow
- Strong, creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership and a self-starter that has track record of delivering results
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...