Machine Operators play an integral role in ensuring our machines are running at optimum capacity; Machine Operators assist in observing safe and efficient operations of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Accurately completes all paperwork according to SOP.
- Observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine, troubleshoot and performs adjustments of equipment as required and adjusts or makes minor repairs such as setting guides or clearing away damaged product containers and reports machine malfunctions to supervisor.
- Maintain a clean work environment to comply with expected standards.
- Inspects the product for quality (labels, weights, visual).
- Ensures that the machine is operating within specifications of Sergeants’ quality product by knowing and maintaining standards and procedures.
- Assures safety procedures are being met.
- Assists in setting up machine at the beginning of the shift by maintaining a clean work environment to comply with expected standards.
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Communicates all issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or otherwise cause loss to the company or its associates.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, or labels.
- Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hopper or other feeding devices.
- Adheres to all health and safety rules, standards and policies, including reporting any incidents to the Supervisor on duty.
- Follows all company safety rules, policies, procedures and GMPs.
- Demonstrates a commitment and understanding of business policies and procedures.
- Organizes work area and operates equipment to achieve established efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Must meets productivity standards and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Complete work in timely manner and strive to increase productivity.
- Must Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Capacity to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; must be able to communicate effectively with management and co-workers using written and spoken English.
- Ability to work safely and adhere to safety guidelines in a warehouse environment
- Dependable, with reliable transportation is a must!
- Ability to add and subtract multiple digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's, 100's and 1000’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Proven successful history of working independently or collaborate in a group environment.
- Qualified candidates must pass must pass a pre-employment criminal background screen and drug test
- Three to six months related machine operating experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Perrigo - 13 months ago
From its beginnings as a packager of generic home remedies in 1887, Allegan, Michigan-based Perrigo Company has grown to become a leading...