The Information Security Analyst is responsible for protecting Middlebury’s information assets.
• Configure, manage, monitor and maintain information security systems and services.
• Identify, assess, and address vulnerabilities, risks, and threats to information assets.
• Investigate and report misuse or abuse of information systems and technology resources.
• Conduct assessments of information security practices and procedures to ensure compliance with established policies and standards.
• Recommend appropriate solutions designed to improve and ensure the protection of information assets.
• Provide supporting materials for audit and regulatory requests and support the incident response process.
• Participate in the research, selection, and implementation of information security solutions.
• Participate in education efforts that support the institution’s information security program.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the information security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and new attacks and threat vectors.
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others and accept direction from supervisor.
• Provide regular status updates on projects and assignments to supervisor.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, and/or equivalent direct work experience with;
• Authentication, Identity & Access Management
• Incident Response, Forensics, Root Cause Analysis
• Endpoint Security, Encryption, Data Loss Prevention
•Audit Controls, Risk Analysis, Regulatory Compliance
• Vulnerability Scanning & Change Management
• End-User Security Awareness Training & Development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must have demonstrated working knowledge of modern information security systems.
• Must be able to balance information security goals with operational continuity requirements.
• Must have demonstrated working knowledge of systems and network protocols and architecture.
• Must be able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an organized and consistent manner.
This position requires an individual who is able to work both independently, and as a collaborative team player with members of other workgroups and departments.
Keywords: Juniper, Cisco, Infoblox, VMware, Nitro, McAffee, Sophos, Rapid7, PaloAlto, A10 Networks, Barracuda, Bradford, Active Directory,
, Windows, Unix, Linux,
• Must be able to resolve issues through critical thinking and creative problem-solving.
• Must have solid written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; and the ability to communicate information security concepts to people from different academic and administrative disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience and knowledge.
• Minimum 3-5 years work experience directly related to information security and technology.
• Experience maintaining information security systems and services.
• Experience working in multi-platform technology environments.
• Experience in higher education environments preferred.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
You may use the Certification and Additional Document types to upload proof of certifications or additional documents to verify your credentials.
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.
Recommendation Letter Requirements
Monterey Institute of International Studies - 2 years ago