Service Technician - Full Time Onalaska, WI-SAL007282
If you have a passion for technology and a desire to help others, you may want to consider a career at U.S. Cellular.
As someone with the knowledge and expertise to help our customers with their technical needs, your capacity for listening closely to our customers - in addition to offering solutions and education on our products and services - is what will draw you to our company. In addition to your technical abilities, you should be adept at providing compassionate guidance in all situations, especially in situations where the person you are helping is frustrated or anxious about a solution.
You'll gain an edge if you have earned an associate's degree, with a bachelor's degree preferred. We'll want to hear your success stories from your past experience in resolving customers' technical needs. While we feel one year or more of experience will best prepare you for this role, you may still be considered if you have a technical education and some experience. Your experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues is important in being able to help our customers. Having worked in the wireless industry will enhance your ability to serve our customers and keep them connected. Your familiarity using Excel or other spreadsheet software will help us maintain various customer phone programs.
Key to our "Dynamic Organization" is your ability to make connections with your fellow associates and your customers, explaining technical issues in a way they can understand and accept. It leads to an atmosphere of respect, integrity and trust, which will go a long way towards resolving a customer's concerns in a positive manner.
We suggest taking a closer look at U.S. Cellular and our way of building careers. We believe you'll appreciate the quality we invest in your experience and enjoy the success we create together.
U.S. Cellular is a drug-free workplace and committed to diversity and inclusion.
Job : Sales Retail
- High School diploma or GED required; College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year customer service/technical experience in a high contact environment with resolution of complaints or inquiries required. Two years relevant work experience preferred.
- Wireless experience preferred.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills required (Must be comfortable handling, disassembly/reassembly of cellular devices).
- Fundamental understanding of Internet connectivity, networking terminology, web (HTTP) and e-mail (POP/SMTP) protocols.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve complex data/wireless issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organization and time-management skills required.
- Effective decision making skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to work varying shifts.
Location(s) : Wisconsin-ONALASKA_WI
U.S. Cellular - 15 months ago
United States Cellular takes calls from sea to shining sea. Doing business as U.S. Cellular, the company provides wireless phone service to...