NAEYC accredited Joyful Noise Child Development Center is seeking a distinctive and dedicated teacher specialized in working with 1 to 2-1/2 year olds to join our eclectic team of teachers. Our program is philosophically rooted in constructivism with a strong commitment to anti-bias development. Our infant program is RIE based.
Starting wage ranges between $12.25 and $15.68/hr, depending on education and experience, augmented by annual raises. We are located close to major bus lines and the MAX. Our generous benefit package includes medical, dental, childcare, Tri-met pass, retirement plan, long term disability, as well as vacation, personal leave and holiday pay.
Please review the "skills section" of this posting. If you feel you meet the skills listed in this ad, please send your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please make sure you state your desired position, summary of your experience in early childhood, educational background, traits or characteristics that you possess as an effective early childhood educator along with your educational and guidance philosophy with children and what made you choose Joyful Noise as a place of employment. We encourage people of all race, gender and sexual orientation to apply. To learn more about our organization visit our website at www.joyfulnoisecdc.org .
For those who are interested in becoming a part of our substitute teacher pool, we encourage you to apply. All potential substitute teachers must also be registered through the Oregon Criminal History Registry and have some experience with children from birth through six, ECE degree or related field a plus!
Foremost in our mission is a commitment to provide high quality programming for young children and their families. Our ultimate goal is to convey significant, positive and lasting benefits to the life of a child. Professional, caring teachers are one of the essential factors in reaching this goal. As a staff member you will feel appreciated, valued and respected.
EOE. We encourage people of all race, religion, gender and sexual orientation to apply.
In order to be considered for an interview you must have:
1. A degree (AA or BA/BS) in Early Childhood Education or related field (i.e. Human Development, Early Intervention, Child and Family Studies, etc.) OR currently have, or be working on, a CDA equivalent (12 units of ECE)
2. Prior experience in a center-based setting with children from birth through six. This experience must be separate from a practicum or internship. Nanny experience does not count for center-based/ECE setting.
3. Familiarity with NAEYC and various educational philosophies and curriculum such as: RIE, Emergent Curriculum, Project Approach Documentation and Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS)
4. Strong skill sets in classroom management, leadership, lesson planning and curriculum development and able to work with a diverse group of teachers, children and families.
5. You also must be currently registered through the Oregon Criminal History Registry. (www.oregon.gov/employ/ccd/ccd_forms.HTML)
Jobdango - 2 years ago