Performs a variety of duties in support of a large, complex and strategic corporate initiative The individual is responsible for the facilitation and tracking of activities related to development, testing and coordination of incremental deliveries. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: helping with defect tracking and escalation, coordinate meetings to support the program, creating diagrams as needed to support the work effort and standing in on meetings as needed to represent program leadership. This individual will also develop and maintain documentation, e.g., resource plan, schedule, documentation for meetings, (agendas, meeting material packets and minutes) RAID document, and other project specific documentation including general admin. Project documents (team contact list.) Assists in developing and maintains / updates project or release schedules and communicates due dates to Program or Project Manager or other team members. The individual must be flexible and comfortable working with both internal customers and strategic partner vendors. The Project Coordinator must have the flexibility required to adapt to rapid change on an ongoing basis and be able to support multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Develops customized project tools and processes for release management or project teams, e.g., create templates for collecting/reporting information to Project or Program Manager, etc.
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of program or project management, which requires experience and expertise with project management methodologies. including Agile methodologies.
- Collaboratively with the Program or Project Manager, is responsible for development of comprehensive plans, critical milestones, managing interdependencies, resources, duration of tasks, and potential risks to release implementation.
- Demonstrates successful communication skills. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively in a number of different forums with various levels of staff ranging from entry level to upper management as well as external vendors
- Responsible for successfully supporting the management and completion activities associated with ad hoc project assignment. This includes scheduling project team meetings, capturing key decisions and action items, identifying risks and managing according to established deliverables and timelines
- Supports project(s) through its lifecycle. Applies standard project management methodology to plan and track the project. Maintains the project plan and all related management materials, including a weekly status report.
- Communicates changes to impacted areas both effectively and proactively.
- Facilitates the collection of complete documentation associated with the project.
- Responsible for follow-up to ensure reports are received from constituent representatives or project teams. Consolidates reports from sub-teams to facilitate development of presentations to senior management.
- Assists in the development of release or project-related presentations and communications. Responsible for meeting logistics, i.e. ensure room set-up and distribution of meeting material.
- Responsible for ensuring essential meetings are scheduled and to copies of project materials are available upon request. Assists Project or Program Manager with meeting facilitation as needed.
Life At Dell
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. BCBSRI's PM training required (if external candidate, expected to take it within the next available course offering). Proficiency of various software packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Lotus Notes and other desktop tools; Proficiency in use of MS Project or similar project scheduling tool.
- Familiarity in the application of project management principles. Strong and proven coordination and project management skills.
- Knowledge and Depth:
- General understanding of BCBSRI operations or general background in healthcare and organizational relationships. Knowledge of the BCBSRI Project Development Lifecycle (PDLC), its tools, processes and facilities.
- Highly organized; detailed oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills; solid written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and operate under tight deadlines;
- Attentive to detail and ability to always follow- through to completion;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; results-oriented;
- Strongly motivated and flexible, able to work independently; recognizes ‘next steps’ with little to no coaching
- Ability to collaborate effectively with staff at all levels of the organization and learn through coaching from seasoned PMs.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Project required.
- Responsibility for Work of Others: Persistent and effective in securing deliverables from sub-team project managers/business owners
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 18 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...